I Need more power in my 95' Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan

Reaction score
Hello, I`m new at this forum and I need some help and tips please!!!

I own a 1995 Bronco , It has the 5.0L engine with a 5 speed manual transmission, 31x10,50 maxxis buckshot tires on 15"x10" rims.

The thing is that I was pretty happy with my bronco since I got it a year ago, and I never did a street race against other car, but the other day I was driving in the street and I stoped in a red light and next to me was an Isuzu trooper 95' v6 3,2L, and he was like "fast and the furious" challenging me with his engine and so I thought that I could beat him with my V8!!

The answer to this is: Nooooo, I couldn`t I was dissaponted because the trooper made me bite the dust! I don`t know how but the trooper is faster than the bronco!

My question is: what can I do to get more power in my bronco, what`s the best thing to raise HP in the engine or just let me Know how to beat a trooper!!!! :)>-

Thanks, JUAN

Last edited by a moderator:

keeprollling

Reaction score
I own a 1995 Bronco , It has the 5.0L engine with a 5 speed manual transmission, 31x10,50 maxxis buckshot tires on 15"x10" rims.

The thing is that I was pretty happy with my bronco since I got it a year ago, and I never did a street race against other car, but the other day I was driving in the street and I stoped in a red light and next to me was an Isuzu trooper 95' v6 3,2L, and he was like "fast and the furious" challenging me with his engine and so I thought that I could beat him with my V8!!

The answer to this is: Nooooo, I couldn`t I was dissaponted because the trooper made me bite the dust! I don`t know how but the trooper is faster than the bronco!

My question is: what can I do to get more power in my bronco, what`s the best thing to raise HP in the engine or just let me Know how to beat a trooper!!!! :)>-

Thanks, JUAN
500hp crate engines work nice, and take some weight out of the truck, maybe some slick tires and consider a soft top to take those 100pounds from the top off. Remember you do not drive a mustang, you drive a heavy ass bronco.

ilystbronco

Reaction score
i got like the same exact bronco dude i put on a flowmaster exhaustand i think its got plenty of power o and i also have a soft top so i guess that helps. also i would try a k&n fipk intake , thats what i am going to be geting after i do my clutch and finish my exhaust.

thornbirdguy

Reaction score
buy a car...or...347 kit, novi 2000 blower, headers, no cats, 3" true dual exhaust(open)(good luck), 4.56 gears(mileage would ****, but you'd get a better launch), 31/12.50 tires(more meat on the road), no back seat/bumpers/top/tailgate/doors(lighter is better for racing), replace comfortable seats with lightweight racing seats, detroit for the rear, ladder bars/traction bars(reduced wheel hop), and a K&N filter...or you could just enjoy the fact that if you hooked up to him bumper-to-bumper, you'd drag him all over the place(especially if you did all the mentioned mods). :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

btw...don't race on the street...that's bad.

OP
OP
J

Juan

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will keep in mind all the advices and tips, and I was wondering if the performance chip from hypertech is as good as some people says, does it really give you the" 3 stage tunnig options"? (50Hp,80Hp, or +100 hp)

I will put some pictures of my bronco, it's stock right now, but I plan to get bigger off road tires and a lift kit and with the time to get a winch and a couple hella or lightforce lights.

BY the way I wont race again on the streets hahaha, only if a trooper wants, Just kidding!!!

green streak

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will keep in mind all the advices and tips, and I was wondering if the performance chip from hypertech is as good as some people says, does it really give you the" 3 stage tunnig options"? (50Hp,80Hp, or +100 hp)
you've probably seen the chips for diesel engines with different horsepower settings. yes they can give that power with a diesel, but with a gasoline engine, hypertech programmers are just about useless. i paid 400 bucks for a hypertech programmer for a 96' corvette grandsport and ran it on a dyno before and after the hypertech install. believe it or not, i lost 4 horsepower after the install...... :angry: i think those programmers are just about useless on gas engines.....unless you have a good tuner who can get your car a dynotune and custom burn a chip for your vehicle using sct software or something similar.

stusainte

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents There is a reason why most people buy a TRUCK and not a car LOL think about what your driving and basicly one of the biggest vehicles on the road , And the Trooper is about 500+ pounds lighter than your Bronco and wasn't made for street racing. like everyone said challenge him Offroad ( good luck with yor trooper friend )

Burns

Reaction score
Also remember, your Bronc's about 3 tons. A five-oh has the guts to move it, but it takes a lot to get that kinda weight to start rolling. Like everyone else says, you don't buy a truck for speed (the only exceptions are the Lightning and Rouch F-150s (strickly a Ford guy here)), you buy it for guts. Take him off road, three inches of sand and you can laugh all the way in and out while you're pulling him through. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ilystbronco

Reaction score
shit if u really want some more power for when a lil izuzu pulls up next to you the n just get some nitrous! hahahahahaha jk guys

Reaction score

Thanks, JUAN

[/quot

Reaction score
well 1st off u can drop a 5.8 351 in that dude.or try a cold air intake but my personal favorite pack that little isuzu up and put it in the back of the big bronc drop his ass in a puddle and watch him squrm hehehehehe mean while you sling mud on him

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
With those 31" tires, you prolly need to swap gears in the axles, the nget a performance clutch and pressure plate. NO2 is bad for a stock motor, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JWBronco1996