Got lots of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo1

Reaction score
OK 1st off I'm new here looking for answers and some helpful advise. I have finally got my dream truck a 74 bronco. I bought it for a good price it came with a 302 5.0lt H.O. EFI mustang engine in it. The problems start with the fact that its only half way wired up. I'm looking for any one that could point me in the right direction to get her on the road. I have all the wiring harness figured out but I'm not sure how to wire all the relays to the fuse box. Please any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Well, instead of wiring it to the existing fuse box, did you consider using an aftermarket fuse box and hook that directly to the battery? You can find a alot of good stuff for that at http://www.ronfrancis.com/

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

rojo1

Reaction score
Well, instead of wiring it to the existing fuse box, did you consider using an aftermarket fuse box and hook that directly to the battery? You can find a alot of good stuff for that at http://www.ronfrancis.com/
Good luck,

thats Been my thought but a few ppl I've talked to said thats a nightmare to do. I'm saying thats my only thought. Thanks for the link I'll check them out

Seabronc

Reaction score
thats Been my thought but a few ppl I've talked to said thats a nightmare to do. I'm saying thats my only thought. Thanks for the link I'll check them out
I can only say that comment by some people is based on ignorance. It is very easy to add a second fuse box.

OP
OP
R

rojo1

Reaction score
I can only say that comment by some people is based on ignorance. It is very easy to add a second fuse box.
OK at this point in time I'm about to scream. I figured out the efi elec problems, and am currnetly getting that all wrapped up. But I decided that I'm going with a 90 -91 fuse box from ford but, I'm not finding any schmatic on the wiring feeds and outputs. Oh on other questions anyone know how to wire an alternator on the 302 5.0 h.o. engine??? :wacko:

Seabronc

Reaction score
OK at this point in time I'm about to scream. I figured out the efi elec problems, and am currnetly getting that all wrapped up. But I decided that I'm going with a 90 -91 fuse box from ford but, I'm not finding any schmatic on the wiring feeds and outputs. Oh on other questions anyone know how to wire an alternator on the 302 5.0 h.o. engine??? :wacko:
First the alternator. What year alternator are you talking about, 1G or 3G? I'd suggest you use a 3G.

If you are going to use a fuse panel out of another truck, the inputs and fuse functions were pretty much the same from 80 to 89. I don't have a diagram for 90 - 91 so I'm not sure about them. The attached diagram is for an 83 and is the same for 89. I will photograph the 89 version tomorrow and post it. These are from the Bronco EVTM Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual.

Good luck,

Hope they help.

PG11.jpg

PG12.jpg

PG13a.jpg

PG14.jpg

PG15.jpg

ricks73eb

Reaction score
ok i guess im confused "and a little tired" what wiring is in the truck the old bronco wiring or the mustang wiring OR a little of both?? ive got a 91 mustang motor in my 77 and i used all the mustang harness and junked every bit of bronco wire xcept the light pigtails and heater wiring.. my goal is to wire everything to the old switches and have EVERYTHING work...im only halfway there "motor,lights,heater" but she runs like a dream..

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I WOULD GET NEW WIRING HARNES... THEY MAKE THEM ALL OVER THE WEB FOR ALL APPS

OP
OP
R

rojo1

Reaction score
I WOULD GET NEW WIRING HARNES... THEY MAKE THEM ALL OVER THE WEB FOR ALL APPS
Wow!!!! I love fellow bronco owners that have been through the same stuff To clear up everything. I'm using the 74' bronco chassie wiring, With the 302 5.0 h.o. engne efi harness and computer. The year on the engine is well thats another store but from my research and guess about a 87 or higher. (take your guess it's about as good as mine the orignal owner that started took all the info to the grave) I'm wanting to put in a 89 or so fuse harness and as for the alternator I'm kind of car stupid ( know basics But after that confused) I'll look into the ez wiring and thank you for another outlet besides the high priced ones. Oh and thank you seabronc for the pics they will in the end help me out in the big pic

Seabronc

Reaction score
As far as wiring products, I am a fan of Ron Francis. I have looked at a lot of wiring products and you get what you pay for. That is not to say that if you pay more you necessarily get a better product, but his stuff and components are top notch. That is not to say you won't be satisfied with EZ wiring, it more a matter of personal choice and the bottom line, "money". When you first posted, I was under the impression you just wanted to add fuses to support the EFI system rather than integrate in another truck's panel. Any way, there are several harness manufacturers out there. Take a look around and even call a couple of them, if they are interested in selling you something they will be willing to give you technical advice.

Good luck in your choice

mattnkc74

Reaction score
I would be careful with ron francis I used them and I like the panel but there tech support sucks they dont answer the phone and youll end up waiting for them to call you back in the next 30 minutes. dont be so sure just cause there there to sell you something theyll be there to support you with it they already have your money.

If i was to go through the wiring thing again i would call the tech line of every company i was interested in. With some general questions just to see how i was dealt with because thats who youll end up dealing with trust me theyll always answer the sales line

The problem i had with ron francis is your just gettin a generlized kit that'll fit in anything. They have this add in bronco driver like they have some understanding of how a 66-77 bronco is wired and there clueless when it comes to using original switches wipers, hazzards ect.

then they say they build a kit for you ...no they dont you get the same one everyone else gets. I mean all you get for wire on some accesories is the hot feed so you have 4 wires off the hazzards but they only give you one. 6 leads for the wipers they give you one not that you dont have extra wire from there extremely vague kit cause you do. but that kinda does away with the old having wires labeled or marked. when you have companies that have kits that plug and go like painless and centech kinda makes you wonder why your using r f. unless your going with a custom dash or paying someone to wire your truck i would stay away from ron francis.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar