ahh!!! need help, bronco is messed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eltigrekid

Reaction score
alright i have an 84 bronco and i was starting it up and it wasnt really cranken that hard then i saw smoke coming out of the hood i quickly ran over and saw that the wire were all melting, the ones going to the starter and stuff. so i went and got a new starter soleniod and it had 4 bolts comming out instead of three like the origanal one but it said dont use one if you only had three before so i dint then i went to start it again and the same thing happend and when i let off the key it still kept cranken, so i went and got a new starter, b ut same thing happened i inspected all the wires i think, to see if the were touching the frame or anything. i dont know what else to do it is makng me mad because i hate electricty its so confusing haha. any help though would be great!!! thanks for any help.

thornbirdguy

Reaction score
you've got a short somewhere. worked on a trans-am that did the same thing. the main wire( + ) was touching a header and shorting.

OP
OP
E

eltigrekid

Reaction score
well thanks for the help i got a new wire going from the battery to the solenoid and from the solenoid to the starter and it fixed the problem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar