where to fill AOD tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
I had rigged up a funnel earlier to put ATF in through the dipstick tube, but there has to be a better way to fill the tranny, I see no caps or anything under the hood, is there a fill hole on the side of the tranny that i'm not seeing?

bidibronco

Reaction score
Nope... just trew the dipstick hole... I've been there and done that.... unless maybe we're both blind?

Roadkill

Reaction score
You guys are seeing correctly. Every automatic I have ever worked on is filled through the dipstick hole. (even M1 tanks!) There is probably something somewhere that has a seperate fill hole, but I have not found it yet.

Yardape

Reaction score
They have to be filled through the dipstick tube. You can buy a funnel with a long tube that goes into the dipstick tube perfectly. Thats the proper way

OP
OP
Broncosaurus!

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
sweet design, gotta love waiting for mutltiple quarts of thick ATF to go through a tiny tube.

Cucamongan

Reaction score
Its not a whole lot to complain about...

Ever Work on a Mercedes Benz trans?

On top of the almost $10 per Liter Trans Fluid, its even a SMALLER trans tube.

And another example of Precision German Enga-Neering, they didn't even put in a dipstick to check the trans fluid. Instead the put a sticker there that says "If you need to service your transmission, it only can be done at the dealership blah blah blah..." :wacko:

Roadkill

Reaction score
Its not a whole lot to complain about...
Ever Work on a Mercedes Benz trans?

On top of the almost $10 per Liter Trans Fluid, its even a SMALLER trans tube.

And another example of Precision German Enga-Neering, they didn't even put in a dipstick to check the trans fluid. Instead the put a sticker there that says "If you need to service your transmission, it only can be done at the dealership blah blah blah..." :wacko:
In Germany they try very hard to make you take your car to a shop for work. Parts stores are almost non-existant, any modification from stock (I mean any mod, even a different size tire/rim combo) requires a trip to an inspection station and an anotation on the registration. You may not work on your car on Sunday. (I was informed of this by a very large Polizei Officer one Sunday morning) And don't even think about washing your car in your driveway; you must take it to a carwash. (The treehuggers are to blame for that law) I hear people complain about inspections on here alot, but you have not been through anything like what they go through. I spent a lot of years in Germany and am always glad to be back in the good old USA.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke