Cv joints gone Bad??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xplosiveg06

Reaction score
Hello all , Last week my truck developed a squeaking sound when coasting and gets less loud when you press on the gas. there are no vibrations at all, only the squeaking. I took the truck to the dealer on friday for the speed sensor recall and to check out what the sound is and they claim its the front cv joints. I was just wondering if anyone of you guys have had a similiar problem. The truck is a 1994 Bronco XLT 351 4x4. If the cv joints are/would be the culprit, any info on how to replace them/it would be appreciated .

AUT_0687_edited.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Lump1713

Reaction score
Hello all , Last week my truck developed a squeaking sound when coasting and gets less loud when you press on the gas. there are no vibrations at all, only the squeaking. I took the truck to the dealer on friday for the speed sensor recall and to check out what the sound is and they claim its the front cv joints. I was just wondering if anyone of you guys have had a similiar problem. The truck is a 1994 Bronco XLT 351 4x4. If the cv joints are/would be the culprit, any info on how to replace them/it would be appreciated .
Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

there is a speed sensor recall? for what year trucks?

viper

Reaction score
Do yourself a huge favor & cough up the dough. have a good shaft shop do it for you. About a hundred and a half in Omaha.

Yardape

Reaction score
I'm kinda confused, I have never seen a bronco with cv joints. What are they saying? Is it your axle u-joints they are referring to?

OP
OP
X

xplosiveg06

Reaction score
I'm kinda confused, I have never seen a bronco with cv joints. What are they saying? Is it your axle u-joints they are referring to?

i have no clue at as well thats y i was asking , anyways the dealer was asking for 460 dollars so i was like no thanks ...... and from looking online im assuming there refering to the cv joint on the driveshaft .. idk gotta get under the truck and look haha ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yardape

Reaction score
I were in your shoes I'd lift the whole truck off the ground put four jackstands under it, put it in 4hi and let the truck idle in gear, and have a listen to where the sound is coming from. If you determine that the driveshaft is to blame, they are probably referring to the double cardan joint up by the transfer case. 460.00 would be a decent price if that is the case. I know of places that charge 600.00 for a driveshaft rebuild

beausdad

Reaction score
double cardan joint? Is that anything like the muffler bearings or the wublin joint?

I were in your shoes I'd lift the whole truck off the ground put four jackstands under it, put it in 4hi and let the truck idle in gear, and have a listen to where the sound is coming from. If you determine that the driveshaft is to blame, they are probably referring to the double cardan joint up by the transfer case. 460.00 would be a decent price if that is the case. I know of places that charge 600.00 for a driveshaft rebuild

saeson

Reaction score
double cardian is the one with 2 ujoints and the ball bearing i believe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom