bad hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lump1713

Reaction score
hey guys,

after just looking my truck over, i found out that my passenger side hub is bad. i dont have the money to replace them right away but will it hurt to drive with it being bad or wont matter? my truck info is in my signature.

thanks

Roadkill

Reaction score
If you are talking about the locking part, you should be ok as long as you don't use 4 wheel drive.

If you are talking about the actuall hub assembly, (i.e. bearings, race, etc.) then you should park the truck until you can get it fixed. Continuing to drive will only damage more stuff and cost you more money to fix.

OP
OP
L

Lump1713

Reaction score
yea i'm talking about the locking part...so i should be ok?

Yardape

Reaction score
You should eb okay as long as its not damaged so bad that it is half locked in at all times, if you can drive normally without them locked in or if the are auto hubs then you could have further problems.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Ford charges too much for the repair kit for these; about $80.00 (per side) last time I checked in DEc for someone else.

Local yard should have the parts for under $10.00 or someone can send you their parts for nada; I sent mine a few yrs ago to a pal

OP
OP
L

Lump1713

Reaction score
Ford charges too much for the repair kit for these; about $80.00 (per side) last time I checked in DEc for someone else.Local yard should have the parts for under $10.00 or someone can send you their parts for nada; I sent mine a few yrs ago to a pal

i'm just gonna wait til i get my income tax in and go out and get me a set of warn prems and be done with it but thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22