VIN number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjodds

Reaction score
I just inherited a 73 Ford Bronco from my Grandfather and am having problems registering it because they cannot find the VIN #. I do know that my Grandad flipped the truck several years ago and perhaps when they replaced the windshield and dash area they did not replace the VIN # if this is the case where else can I expect to find some sort of vehicle identification on this truck. I need it registered so I can start getting her restored. Needs some body work, some rust and new paint, rhino lining for interior, new seats, suspension lift and new rims and tires, a stereo, roll cage, new wiring sometimes the lights work sometimes not, and needs transmission work the 3 on the tree does not shift into 2nd only 1st 3rd and reverse. I will be talking to the forum a lot as I run into trouble. Looking forward to being part of the Bronco family.

-Misael-

Wilmington, NC

76Explorer

Reaction score
The vin should be on the inside of the glovebox door(little metal strip on the left) and on the upper driver-side door post. see pic

stroppe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lonewolf

Reaction score
I just bought a 77 Bronco, my VIN sticker is on the drivers door post but can only read about the last 6 digits of the number. Is there any way to get a new one printed for it???? Thanks lonewolf

Bandit

BANDIT
Reaction score
go here and click dataplates and tags.http://martiauto.com/

33137[/snapback]

There is also a place on the frame,but of course with age and rust it can be hard to find,I think its near the motor mounts. <)
cowboy.gif

lonewolf

Reaction score
Thanks guys I will be contacting them and I'll look on the frame. lonewolf

Jayson5150

Reaction score
You said the dash area was replaced, are you looking on the dash where a modern VIN would be?...check glove box door if it wasnt changed. and i believe Vin should be on the frame somewhere in the engine compartment on drivers side.

Anyone else wanting info on VIN and Production codes should check out:

http://www.lovefords.org/_vti_bin/shtml.dl.../vinrequest.htm

They were able to tell me Original colors, paint & interior, engine, transmission, whether it was a sport, wagon or just bronco, gear ratio and district sales office it was originally sold to. all within about 6 hours of emailing them

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edmison33