Transfer Case Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcraesn

Reaction score
I have a 78 and I am going to swap the NP203 out with the NP205. Does anyone know if it is a direct swap or does the mounting points and transmission adapter have to be changed. Thanks

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
There's more involved than just hoping it'll bolt up - which it does. The intermediate housing between the trans and Tcase, on a 203, is shorter than one for a 205. However, you can bolt the 205 onto the 203's intermediate housing, but be prepared for the following modifications:

- rear driveline needs to be lengthened

- front driveline needs to be shortened - don't ask how much for either one, because it'll be different for everyone

- If you have a C6 trans, and your front driveline uses a CV joint, then you'll need to trim the rear corner of the trans pan, to clear the joint. It can be done w/o any problems to the trans

I've done this, and haven't had a single problem with the swap, or any drivability problems since then

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula