Throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kerr

Reaction score
My 93 Bronco runs good when giving
Lot of gas when driving but when I give light gas when driving it bog’s down.
Not sure if maybe fuse bad because it
Shifts rough also at low throttle when driving.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the check engine light on? Need to try and scan it for codes.

Harsh shifting is usually the result of a transmission fault. Limp mode could cause the lack of power you are feeling.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Kerr,
As Tiha advised,
Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes by my pal, BroncoJoe19 @ Code Reader.....
PCM stores the Self-Test program in permanent memory. When activated, Self-Test checks the EEC system by testing memory integrity and processing capability, and verifies that various sensors and actuators are connected and operating properly.

The engine temperature must be greater than 50° F for the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Self-Test and greater than 180° F for the Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test. Run it around to heat the engine up and shift thru all gears including Reverse. Make sure A/C is off and transmission is in Park (automatic); or in Neutral for a Manual and; release clutch. Then turn off engine, all accessories/lights (close driver's door) , etc.

Do KOEO test First. Post Code(s) here according to KOEO and KOER.

A helper can assist you by counting the codes. Some use their smart phones to record them.

BEWARE OF FAN, BELTS, PULLEYS, HOT HOSES, IGNITION HIGH TENSION WIRES, AND ENGINE COMPONENTS⚠

Or ask local mom and dad parts stores if they will test it for you.

Or purchase a coder reader such as Equus 3145 Innova OBD I Code Reader for Ford EEC IV Engines at Walmart & most parts stores.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hey Kerr, welcome to the zone!
Which engine does your Bronco have?
Without any codes to go by, it sounds a bit like a dead spot in the throttle position sensor or even bad spark plugs/wires.
Id follow Tiha and Miesk5’s advice and scan for codes first.
Good luck
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK