radius arm drop bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92BR0NC0

Reaction score
i took off my 35's and put 38's on and i lifted my bronco 2 inches more with a coil spacer, and i came across horrible bump steer so i relocated my tie rods to the top of my steering knuckle using hiem joints after aligning it improved a little but i found that my caster is all outta wack, what im trying to get to here is i already have a 6 inch radius arm drop bracket but i need to drop it 2 more inches... do any of u guys know where i can find an 8 inch drop braket or something that would be like a 2 inch spacer for the bracket i already have??? I would fab something up but the old lady says im spending too much time in the shop :(

p.s. any input would be greatly appreciated... thanks...

100_2821.JPG

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
If you don't already have extended radius arms, i would go that route to help with the frontend caster problem.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Yup. Randy is dead-nuts right. By extending the radius arms rearward you won't have to drop the brackets nearly as far and it'll be easier to bring the whole thing into alignment. That's certainly the way *I'd* go, outside of that I think a 4" drop bracket is about the best I've seen for the radius arms. might well be that someone makes a 6" or 8" bracket but I've never seen it.

As far as the Old Lady, well, I'm on my 3rd so I'm no oracle as far as *they* go. Trucks are MUCH easier to understand and deal with.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
On one of mine I have just the drop brackets and the other has superlift extended radius arms both 6 inch lifts both have the superlift superrunner steering and both I used the 2 inch coil spacer to raise the front a bit . If your talking about the wheels tipping out after doing that its the camber that is off . I ended up using these bushings with as much offset as I could get to straighten them out its kinda one of the drawbacks of the IFS . But if this condition is what you are talking about heres a pic of the bushing and an ebay link to get some . :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/85-FORD-F-1...sspagenameZWD1V

BUSHING.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daffster13