paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Depends on how you are painting it. At most around 2 quarts less if you prepare it well and use a compressor powered spray gun. Auto paint, (non spray can), goes quite far if the surface is prepared right. If done with shaker can, inside a garage, I'd guess 10 +. There is a place that mixes paint using the manufacturer color code and puts it in shaker cans, http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ . They do this mainly for body repairs. The color is consistent from can to can, expensive this way though. From a auto paint shop a good paint for a beginner is ppg Omni plus a small can of hardener plus a can of reducer. I say it is good for beginners as I am not a professional auto painter and have used both Omni and a more professional paint and what I have seen is that Omni will cover up some preparation sins that the better paints won't. In other words, what you get is based on your preparation of the surface. Omni can be mixed in small amounts and sprayed by a CO2 powered sprayer but it will take more this way than using a compressor powered gun because of the lack of pressure and lower coverage of the spray.

Hope you understood that, not sure I did :rolleyes:

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

cmanning302

Reaction score
i have someone to spray it put im painting the inside and outside and dont wont to run out of paint. what is the bast way to paint it do the inside then do the out side

Seabronc

Reaction score
i have someone to spray it put im painting the inside and outside and dont wont to run out of paint. what is the bast way to paint it do the inside then do the out side
I'd do the inside first to prevent accidentally messing up the outside and not do them both in the same day. That is the way I'd do it, but like I said before, I'm not professional painter.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
C

cmanning302

Reaction score
thats what im going to do i look at some paint today to see how much it would be to do it and in going with a blue and it going to be about 340.00 for all of it so im going to do the inside and what till i git the money for the outside. i got some body work too do be for i do the outside.

IMG_0066.jpg

gibs0n06

Reaction score
thats what im going to do i look at some paint today to see how much it would be to do it and in going with a blue and it going to be about 340.00 for all of it so im going to do the inside and what till i git the money for the outside. i got some body work too do be for i do the outside.
i went to a guy who paint trains professionaly and he said it could take up to 2 gallons for a good paint job that would look even and correct dont know the price for it but thats what i was told by the painter for inside and out

Mr.Gasket

Reaction score
I painted my pickup cab (f150) and it took only half a gal. Should be a able to do a bronco with one gal. on the exterior. I got my paint from napaparts store, bought the industrial coatings paint: ford diesel blue @ about $55 for a galon and then the reducer for the paint was another 25 i think. Anyway total was about 100 with supplies. Actually make that 150 because i had to buy primer (two quarts). I put on 2 good coats to a truck cab and front clip with just 2 quarts. The color looked pretty dark on the paint chip but came out a Med Blue i would say with semi gloss (the industrial stuff is not a high gloss finish). Looked ok though and was cheap. Had to purchase a cheap paint gun though.

Seabronc

Reaction score
The 2 quart figure would be more realistic, but it all depends on how many coats and how you want the end product to come out. I did a set of new fenders and hood this summer and it took a almost a quart, with a lot of waste as far as I'm concerned. which was basically two coats with one fender having to be done twice because I accidentally rubbed up against it when I was looking at something else. That meant wet sanding it down and doing another coat. The remaining outside surface area is about 2 and a half times the area of the hood and front fenders. I could also believe the 2 gallon number if you want a real show truck finish.

Let us know how you made out, pictures :-B .

Good luck,

Bronco_modifications_023a.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
padillavic24