My '77 Half Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyle

Reaction score
I have a really nice 1977 Bronco Half Cab that I have been working on for many years, it has only 29,000 miles on it. It is in terrific condition. My health is not as good as it used to be and I have not been able to do much with it for quite a while. I am thinking it may be time to let someone else finish it and enjoy it. I'll put a couple of pictures and if there is any interest, I'll post more details and pictures. I am torn between keeping it and letting it go. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Bronco-1.jpg
    Bronco-1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Bronco-2.jpg
    Bronco-2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 8
  • 77Bronco.jpg
    77Bronco.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 8

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
That turned out really nice for starting out as a plain jane.

That debate is one I have all the time. You get to a point you can't enjoy it, then what do you do?

For me, I keep thinking about leaving for my kids. They are both excited about my projects.

Some kids are not, and also sometimes you could really use the money to improve your quality of living.

OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
You are correct. When do you stop? My kids aren't interested in my old cars. (I also have a '69 Camaro SSRS convertible). I suppose I should sell my old stuff and leave thema few bucks. Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it.

centex

Reaction score
I have a really nice 1977 Bronco Half Cab that I have been working on for many years, it has only 29,000 miles on it. It is in terrific condition. My health is not as good as it used to be and I have not been able to do much with it for quite a while. I am thinking it may be time to let someone else finish it and enjoy it. I'll put a couple of pictures and if there is any interest, I'll post more details and pictures. I am torn between keeping it and letting it go. Any thoughts?
First-off, that is a really nice Bronco. As I get older, the money seems less important and the interaction with the physical asset is more exciting. That said, you should probably sell the Bronco to a young person who will appreciate it and will be, hopefully, close enough to bring it by once in a while and take you for a ride. Trouble is, young folks rarely have money... My son loves the older broncos but the prices have gone through the roof making them unobtainable for anything of quality.

OP
OP
Lyle

Lyle

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words. I think you are correct, I should let it go to a young person who can finish it and really enjoy it. Figuring out a price is another matter. I am not sure where to even begin. I realize I would most likely never recoup my investment, and that is OK. I am sure it will all work out. Any suggestions on an asking price?

chrlsful

Reaction score
the kids can complain abt the $ ("Oh we hafta worry bout the stocks going up'n down, pay an admin to do the taxes" etc, etc) will complain abt the vehicles ("Now we gotta sell it.") so I just use as is. I drive it (not really an off rd rec type guy, I wrked the woods 30 yrs) and tinker w/it. Enjoy both, just not as much and not as much time w/either.
Begin a dialogue, ask them what they want, tell them what U want, give them choices, enjoy your own. It's nice to have choices. Allows an expanded life. And now there's so lill of that left~

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well its your vehicle,dream ,work and memorys you have in it. I think that will help you decide.You have a really nice loking bronco.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Sounds good. Spend the money on yourself. If you donate it to charity. Make sure you check out the salary of the charity orginizations---most goes to the ceo,s salary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK