Is there a source for 95-96 overhead console map light sockets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

918wildwood

Reaction score
The lights in the overhead console of my 95 EB worked perfectly fine until I decided I needed LEDs🙄. Getting the bulbs out was a war, and now the sockets don't work. They are bigger than the ones used in the gauge cluster and I can't find them for sale anywhere.

Also a little concerned about the copper traces in the photo. Are those supposed to be continuous traces? They are torn and look to be missing some sections but again, everything worked until I removed the bulbs from the sockets. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20240815_161857.jpg
    20240815_161857.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 7

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
The right socket should still work, not the left.

You can solder, if you can solder, a wire from the trace right to the light socket.

Not sure but I think those sockets are available at parts stores. They are nothing special.

OP
OP

918wildwood

Reaction score
The right socket should still work, not the left.

You can solder, if you can solder, a wire from the trace right to the light socket.

Not sure but I think those sockets are available at parts stores. They are nothing special.
Thanks, I thought the left one was toast so thank you for the confirmation. I do have a soldering kit

And I will check a brick & mortar parts stores. I ordered a couple of standard looking socket sets from Amazon and none of them fit, but maybe I'll have better luck at a store. I figured they would be easy to find, but so far that has not been the case. Thanks again for your reply!

goffprof

Reaction score
The lights in the overhead console of my 95 EB worked perfectly fine until I decided I needed LEDs🙄. Getting the bulbs out was a war, and now the sockets don't work. They are bigger than the ones used in the gauge cluster and I can't find them for sale anywhere.

Also a little concerned about the copper traces in the photo. Are those supposed to be continuous traces? They are torn and look to be missing some sections but again, everything worked until I removed the bulbs from the sockets. Any help would be appreciated!
I had the console compass board in my ‘96 repaired ($109) and also replaced the bulbs with LED’s. They fit perfectly but the old sockets needed minor repairs. I installed soldered jumpers for the grounds and everything is back to normal.

OP
OP

918wildwood

Reaction score
I found some of the little sockets at a junkyard today. They were out of an explorer but look like they will fit

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Try GREEN SALES in Ohio. They have a huge selection of OLD NEW PARTS AND USED PARTS TOO.---Good luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Try GREEN SALES in Ohio. They have a huge selection of OLD NEW PARTS AND USED PARTS TOO.---Good luck.
Yes the copper has been torn --you might be able to straighten them out or you should be able to buy them. If not--take a picture from all sides and I might have some or you should be able to get them out of a junk yard or parts store.

OP
OP

918wildwood

Reaction score
Yes the copper has been torn --you might be able to straighten them out or you should be able to buy them. If not--take a picture from all sides and I might have some or you should be able to get them out of a junk yard or parts store.
Thanks! Do you think 2-sided copper tape might work? The one on the left works, but just barely. It has to be sitting in the perfect spot

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you think 2-sided copper tape might work? The one on the left works, but just barely. It has to be sitting in the perfect spot
It might. It also would hurt to call Green sales in Ohio and ask them. They are a good company to deal with and have a person that talks to you. Not like some companys. That looks like the complet sheet . You might also want to try super glue to hold it down or the epoxy they sale at Harbor Freight.

Timothyfugate

Reaction score

I will go thru my schematics book on this and see what I find T.F

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AUTiger71