460/429 pvc vaccume ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REDXLT79

Reaction score
Just needs some opinions . My 1979 bronco has a 460 from a grand torino in it . When I bought this bronco the wiring was a mess , and pretty much all the vaccume lines were just plugged in incorrectly . Anyways , my pvc valve is in my passenger side valve cover . The vaccume line runs to the front of the carb . And in the driverside it has a breather in the valve cover ( which leaks oil ) . Can I put a sealed cap there or will it pressure up and blow out the main seals . Or should I get a cap with a pvc in it and route to the rear intake main vac port . My oil pressure is right on the line of normal and high ( far right ) . Any input would be appreciated . Thanks .

Seabronc

Reaction score
If oil is coming out of th driver side valve cover breather there is a problem in the venting system since that is the air intake for crankcase venting system. The line from the PCV on the passenger side should always go to the base of the carb. I would suspect that you either have a bad PCV, the line from the PCV to the base of the carb is clogged, or you could be getting blow by on one or more of your cylinders. You shouldn't put a non venting cap on it.

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
R

REDXLT79

Reaction score
Well , I have a brand new holley 4 barrel , and all the vaccume lines including the pcv are new . The pcv valve is new and it is connected to the front vaccume port on the base of the front of the carb . I could swap the pcv with the brake booster on the rear of the carb , and put the brake booster line to the back intake port . I replaced the factory valve covers with aftermarket chrome covers and I checked all the oil drain back ports in the heads when I had it apart . As far as blow by , what can I do about that ? And I will be changing the oil pressure sensor , just to eliminate a possible bad one . Thanks again .

Seabronc

Reaction score
Since you have new valve covers, I don't think that this could be a problem, but check the oil deflector under the cap. You could do a compression test to see if any of the cylinders are low which may indicate worn rings.

peace.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula