32 replies to this topic

#1 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:18 AM

[attachment=3984:BRONCO_022.jpg]**1978 Ford Bronco V8 351 5.8L / 40" SUPER SWAMPERS**

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by 78 blown piston, 12 January 2007 - 04:42 AM.

#2 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by 78 blown piston, 11 January 2007 - 07:20 AM.

#3 Yardape

Yardape

Supreme Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2462 posts
  • Interests:4 wheelin'. fixing my Bronco after 4 wheelin. Reading about other Broncos on superford.org

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:36 AM

Wow, goodluck with that
89 fullsize with 95 front end swap.
460 C6 D60 front, 10.25 rear 4.10 gears
3 inch body lift, 4.5 inch lift from 1 ton swap.
Lund Moonvisor
Korupt Kittens antenna dancer.

96 Bronco 6 inch procomp lift, 3 inch body lift
38.5x15 Super Swamper TSL's

'03 Expedition 5.4
BFG All Terrains

Always updating so check back heres a link to my superford.org
Superford.org

My Gallery

#4 Big Country

Big Country

Bronco Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

that's a bruiser
1983 Ford Bronco 302 carb
Automatic hubs
True Dual
San Antonio, TX

#5 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:43 AM

Wow, goodluck with that

I have to try. . . If it doesn't sell for a reasonable amount, I'll just sit on it until I can replace the block. . . The heads are still pristine.

#6 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

This is a HUGE 1978 Ford Bronco used almost exclusively for offroading according to original seller.

40 Super Swamper tires on 15" rims

Superlift (not sure how big it is over original)

Custom Roll Bar

Clean title

This truck was purchased on ebay about a four months ago.

This truck was said to be mainly used for off-roading. I never got the opportunity to test that.

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING PRETTY LOOK ELSEWHERE. The truck still has potential.

I've had the truck for less than 5 months, and have had the drive shaft rebuilt, and the alternator replaced. In addition the heads have been resurfaced, timing belt work, starter replaced. I have mechanics receipts for all.

THE BAD:
Body is fairly sound, but has lots of rust. Previous owner tried to install "alarm", so in cab wiring needs a onceover.

The vehicle is NOT in running condition. Radiator is blown. Heads recently resurfaced, but I pushed the engine too hard trying to do highways speeds, and blew a piston. I cant afford a new engine so I have to sell.

VEHICLE IS NOT DRIVEABLE.
**THE TOPPER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. VEHICLE NO LONGER HAS TOP.**

PAID $1030 FOR THE TRUCK ON EBAY
PAID $600 TO REBUILD DRIVE SHAFT
PAID $1095 TO HAVE IT SHIPPED TO FL FROM KS
PAID APPROX $2400 FOR HEAD RESURFACING/STARTER/TIMING BELT/LABOUR

Located in Saint Petersburg, FL 33705
(813) 313-0610

Edited by 78 blown piston, 18 January 2007 - 08:20 PM.

#7 SoFlaSwamper

SoFlaSwamper

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

Hey can I be your mechanic/machinist???? $600 for a driveshaft being rebuilt is RIDICULOUS. I could have one custom made down here for $180. And $2400 to have the heads resurfaced??? You coulda bought a crate motor 351 for about the same price, made more power and had a brand new motor, or better yet, you coulda swapped in a big block and STILL had a grand to get some heads and a cam.

It sounds to me like you're trying to justify an outrageous price for a semi-decent bronco. its a nice truck but you paid way to much for the work you've had done.

#8 SoFlaSwamper

SoFlaSwamper

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

with that being said, i like the potential of the truck and would be interested, but i don't see a price anywhere. how much are you asking for it?

#9 Stubby1971

Stubby1971

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

The driveshaft price seems fair- I have a receipt for $160, from N & M Transmissionin Neenah, WI, for a repair, that was welding the yoke and new u-joints- an estimate for $1100, from Accurate Auto Center in Tomball TX, to build and install a new one- and then the one that finally went on my truck was $569.50 ordered from McFalls Transmission in Colorado Springs CO- as you go up in the air things get expensive
94 Bronco XLT(stock and for sale)
302/ auto
31" M/T

90 Bronco Eddie Bauer
302 FI/ C6/ 4.88 gears
9" Lift
37" GoodYear MT-R's
Art Carr Shifter

Romans 12:2 Do Not Conform To This World, But Be Transformed.....

#10 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hey can I be your mechanic/machinist???? $600 for a driveshaft being rebuilt is RIDICULOUS. I could have one custom made down here for $180. And $2400 to have the heads resurfaced??? You coulda bought a crate motor 351 for about the same price, made more power and had a brand new motor, or better yet, you coulda swapped in a big block and STILL had a grand to get some heads and a cam.

It sounds to me like you're trying to justify an outrageous price for a semi-decent bronco. its a nice truck but you paid way to much for the work you've had done.

PAID APPROX $2400 FOR HEAD *****RESURFACING*****STARTER*******TIMING BELT*****LABOUR. I have receipts to back up any claims made . $180 for a rebuilt driveshaft? Tire World in COLORADO SPRINGS, CO thought different. The heads being resurfaced? 1900 for parts and labour, and 500 addtnl for starter, timing belt, u-joint. . . I have since searched for a new block--found one rebuilt for 1131, and less than 1600 including new heads. . . Hindsight is 20/20--hell 20/15. I'm not a mechanic/machinist. i bought a truck that looked like fun on eBay, and have been paying for it ever since. If you're interested make an offer. I had a set number initially--no takers... Any reasonable offer will be considered. (813) 313-0610

#11 offroadfury

offroadfury

Locked And Loaded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

You'd probably be better off parting it out, Wheels tires, Front & Rear ends, T-case, Tranny, etc.... Does it have lockers or anything in the Diffs or are they just open? Should have left it in Kansas.
78 Bronco Ranger XLT. 460, 4"Superlift,35-14.50 Boggers, 4.10's, Detroit Locker & True Trac.

#12 rebel offroad

rebel offroad

Bronco Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:my truck g/f and almost anything to do with fords

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

lol your a queef . . . .. . . . i wouldnt buy it for 500 lol
"What Good Is Mud With No One To Go Mudding With" Chris.
1984 F-150
2wd 3spd manny
getting a makeover lol
rebuilt 302 w/ 30000 miles on it
2 competition visonik 10in 800w turbo bass subs with 1 10 in visonik smooth bass acustic box @ 300w
32in tires on 15x10.5 black beadlocks
30in fronts with 15x8in black beadlock rims
setting up to race!!!

#13 Justbust1n

Justbust1n

Bronco Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

Man that sux .... most of the time people buy these thing is to dump money into them and it really a lose lose situation because , your the only one that really knows what has been done... i bought mine for 1800.00 dollars and it had the 6 inch life and the 3 inch body .... and tranny rebuilt but the guy couldnt get ne takers so he had to sell it for dirty cheap , when some body looks at a truck they look at the miles on the engine even if it has been rebuilt because it has serious wear and tear on the bearing bushling and other nit picks after i bought mine i hasd to redo the whole front end for 1100.00 dollars and that almost what i paid for the god damn thing .... your really not going to get ne thing out of it unless you part it out do the rear end and work out from there you could probably sell those tire to a teenager for pretty good and sell everything that has been rebuilt as is ... you not gonna get nothing out of it sellin as a while truck sorry man but goodluck ne way
351w with pulleys and taylor 10.5 wires MSD ignition all a/c removed
35"pro comp all terrieans or 36" inch super swamper Sx
3 inch body lift and a 6 inch suspention lift
8.8 inch spooled rear end dana 44 front end *New* 4.56 gears for that extra pullin power
warn manual lockin hubs
New home made bumper with a warn 12500 pound wench
custom camo paint job

#14 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:12 AM

Ending a statement with "lol" where a grown man is concerned... That in conjunction w/internet put downs makes you what? I'm not here for you personal insight. Save the internet footsie for your boyfriend, this is business friend.

#15 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

Man that sux .... most of the time people buy these thing is to dump money into them and it really a lose lose situation because , your the only one that really knows what has been done... i bought mine for 1800.00 dollars and it had the 6 inch life and the 3 inch body .... and tranny rebuilt but the guy couldnt get ne takers so he had to sell it for dirty cheap , when some body looks at a truck they look at the miles on the engine even if it has been rebuilt because it has serious wear and tear on the bearing bushling and other nit picks after i bought mine i hasd to redo the whole front end for 1100.00 dollars and that almost what i paid for the god damn thing .... your really not going to get ne thing out of it unless you part it out do the rear end and work out from there you could probably sell those tire to a teenager for pretty good and sell everything that has been rebuilt as is ... you not gonna get nothing out of it sellin as a while truck sorry man but goodluck ne way

so far you're dead on... i have until the end of August until the plates expire, and my 93 yr old neighbor calls the junk man... i actually caught her jotting down my plate info.. if i dont sell it i'll prob drop in a 400 mid summer

#16 78 blown piston

78 blown piston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:20 AM

Should have know you were from NJ friend. Mostly the reason I left, and it's you're. Take som pride in your language. See what I did there? Simple, huh?

Edited by 78 blown piston, 14 February 2007 - 12:21 AM.

#17 Mike @ Tracy

Mike @ Tracy

Bronco Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:Off roading with my wife and kids, as well as working on my truck

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:41 AM

Should have know you were from NJ friend. Mostly the reason I left, and it's you're. Take som pride in your language. See what I did there? Simple, huh?

78, dont let guys like that get under you're feathers, He's not worth it. If you do part out the truck, I would be interested in the lift for my F-150.

Mikey
86 Fullsize Bronco
300/6 4spd
Service PKG.
31s on 15x10s

#18 rebel offroad

rebel offroad

Bronco Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:my truck g/f and almost anything to do with fords

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:10 PM

k then sorry sir but i myself just bout a nice truck for 1200. . . . .
nice tires less body damage and all at
no effence but jersey people arent like that . .. . . . . pennsville people are
im not a bad guy but when i looked at it theres always the first impression
(p.s. doesnt look like you re surfaced the heads .. . . . infact they look like theve been there as long as mine have)

Edited by rebel offroad, 14 February 2007 - 12:14 PM.

"What Good Is Mud With No One To Go Mudding With" Chris.
1984 F-150
2wd 3spd manny
getting a makeover lol
rebuilt 302 w/ 30000 miles on it
2 competition visonik 10in 800w turbo bass subs with 1 10 in visonik smooth bass acustic box @ 300w
32in tires on 15x10.5 black beadlocks
30in fronts with 15x8in black beadlock rims
setting up to race!!!

#19 Justbust1n

Justbust1n

Bronco Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:47 PM

so far you're dead on... i have until the end of August until the plates expire, and my 93 yr old neighbor calls the junk man... i actually caught her jotting down my plate info.. if i dont sell it i'll prob drop in a 400 mid summer

goodluck regardless , it will be a big ass machine , if you start parting it out deffinatly post it , and if you start fixing goodluck may the mudd treat you good man...
8.8 inch spooled rear end dana 44 front end *New* 4.56 gears for that extra pullin power
warn manual lockin hubs
custom camo paint job

#20 Justbust1n

Justbust1n

Bronco Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

k then sorry sir but i myself just bout a nice truck for 1200. . . . .
nice tires less body damage and all at
no effence but jersey people arent like that . .. . . . . pennsville people are
im not a bad guy but when i looked at it theres always the first impression
(p.s. doesnt look like you re surfaced the heads .. . . . infact they look like theve been there as long as mine have)

ya know he might have taken the pictures before he took the heads off and i think i have seen this bronco on ebay so he might have just used the pictures from that ... like i said the only person that knows what is really done to it is him

Edited by Justbust1n, 14 February 2007 - 03:50 PM.

warn manual lockin hubs
custom camo paint job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users