4 wheel drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffm

Reaction score
i got a 89 ford bronco and when i turn on the fourwheel drive 4h works good but when i put it in 4l the light just flashs what could it be

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have the push button selector for your 4x4.

It sounds like the solenoid (I think it's in the transfer case) is shot.

I don't know much about these, but I have read about this problem here on the Zone.

Someone should be able to give you the answer as to location and how to fix.

Yardape

Reaction score
There should be some instructions on the back of your visor, Are you following them to the letter. You must or you will have trouble

Justbust1n

Reaction score
or it might be the switch i had to replace mine but always after yo put it in 4whigh you must put in in neutreal to get 4wlow

Big Country

Reaction score
does it still engage even thought the light flashes? It could be more electirc than mechanical...just a thought.

swampthing

Reaction score
take the motor off and try turning the rod inside with pliers..if you get nothing then IMO ditch the push button tcase and get a manual shift case...lot easier

OP
OP
J

jeffm

Reaction score
ok i got a trnsfer case out of a 79 ford bronco do u know if it would just bolt up or what do i got to do because the trans that was in the 79 was a c6 and mine is a aod i think so would it work

ocalabronco

Reaction score
it should bolt up, most all ford t-cases had the same bolt pattern. whats going to be tricky is fabbing up brackets for the shift linkage, and you may have to tinker with your driveshaft lengths. i think the AOD and C6 are close to the same length, but not 100% sure. oh, and your t-case motor was on its way out. mine would do that to me, i'd have to either go tap the solenoid or shift it manually. new/used motor at the JY cost 75 bucks, fixed the problem

OP
OP
J

jeffm

Reaction score
i tryed to put the np205 transfer case in my truck and the bolt pattern looked like it would line up but were the shift handle goes it would mount all the way up to the trans so what could i do to make it fit i was thinking cutting a grove in the tailshaft for it to fit but i dont want mess anything up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar