4 inch lift and 32's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carp78

Reaction score
I scored some 32x 11.5 aurora mud terrains for my 92xlt and they could almost pass for 33s they seem much larger than the crappy les schwab 32s I got on it now. Now I'm looking for a lift and I'm wondering if it will look stupid with with a 4 inch lift, or if i should just stick with a 2.5 inch lift. maybe you all can help me weigh the pros and cons of each lift, do I really need a four inch or would i be better off keeping the lower center of gravity with the 2.5? If anyone has pics of 4 inch with 32s that would help out greatly. I do plan on wheeling this thing pretty hard, I do like to stuff it on jeep trails in the woods and maybe the taller lift would just run me into branches (some of those trails are like tunnels), but I would like the extra clearance. so I'm stuck.

Yardape

Reaction score
I put my winter tires on, They are 31's and I have a 3 inch lift. They look pretty goofy. I would think that you would run into the same.

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
I think my 33s with no lift looks natural, so I'd have to say it would dwarf the tires, plus think about the long term picture, are you really going to stick with 32s? and if so, why lift it?

OP
OP
C

carp78

Reaction score
I'm gonna stick with 32s cause I like the way my truck runs em with the stock gears, good power plus If I'm easy on the gas pedal I get 15mpg! this with a 302 with 186'000 miles on it. i seen a picture of a 96 with a 4 inch lift and 33x10.5 bfgs and it looked good ,after being squeezed onto a 7.5 inch rim would there be much difference between those and a 32x11.5?

Preach

Reaction score
I'm gonna stick with 32s cause I like the way my truck runs em with the stock gears, good power plus If I'm easy on the gas pedal I get 15mpg! this with a 302 with 186'000 miles on it. i seen a picture of a 96 with a 4 inch lift and 33x10.5 bfgs and it looked good ,after being squeezed onto a 7.5 inch rim would there be much difference between those and a 32x11.5?
I thank that your motor will run the 33's the same as it does currently. Plus you won't look like you can't afford to purchase tires.

OP
OP
C

carp78

Reaction score
I already bought the 32 mudders so i can't afford to get 33's unless I don't do anything else to my rig. but for now bigger tires are out of the question, I think I will just do a 2.5 suspension lift now and in the future If i go for bigger meats I'll do a gear change throw on 35s and a body lift.

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
My tuck has 33x12.50xR15's with a 4 inch lift. It looks somewhat alright but larger tires would definitly look better, I just cant afford them right now.. I think the 32's will look alittle small unless they have some meat to them.

I posted a pic. with the 33's see what you think

Bronco_2.JPG

OP
OP
C

carp78

Reaction score
yours looks gnarly, my 32s are meaty but not meaty enough. so I'm gonna do a smaller lift for now. thanx for the help guys.

whitey

Reaction score
My tuck has 33x12.50xR15's with a 4 inch lift. It looks somewhat alright but larger tires would definitly look better, I just cant afford them right now.. I think the 32's will look alittle small unless they have some meat to them.

I posted a pic. with the 33's see what you think
looks good and proper size for a 4 inch lift no? that's the way i'm planning on doing mine for now at least until i upgrade to bigger gearing and make any mods needed for a taller tire.. i like seeing the suspension between the tire and frame though.

i had considered a 2.5 inch lift. but really it doesn't make a whole lot of difference from the stock suspension as pointed out by other members here and after investigating it a bit more they were right. from what i've learned here and elsewhere -with a 4 inch lift you should be able to run 33's with stock gearing fine.

you may consider upgrading to a bigger lift and tires and then try and sell your current set of tires here or on craigslist or something to at least recoup SOME of the expense for bigger tires. or do it the way i am- sock cash away for the kit then sock cash away for tires then when you have everything gathered do the job.

i think one of the initial reasons i wanted a 2 inch lift was because of 2 things; cost of parts and tires (like yourself) and being in a RUSH to get my truck finished. assuming none of us here are made of money. but after talking to the awesome fellow members here and rethinking it i just WOULDN'T be happy with a 2 inch and in the long run would probably be unsatisfied and end up spending more money in the end. in the short term i'll spend more now and it'll take 2 or 3 months more time to do this but, in the long term i'll be happier with the results. short term sacrifice vs. long term gain i suppose.

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
Trust me, bite your lip now and save your money to do what you truelly want. I blew over $3000 with a 4in lift and multiple other issues that came up from it. If i would of sat and thought about what i wanted i could have purchased a soilid axel conversion and had about a 10in lift on my truck, now I'm sitting on a 4 in with 33's and ****** cause i know what i could have had.. Think before you jump into something you will be much happier in the long run

whitey

Reaction score
exactly as bb123 said above and i said too. think about what you really want and need and hold out for it. for me a 4 inch is enough. to you it may not be. would i like bigger tires than 33's? **** yeah maybe 35's? **** yeah. but, i know for now 2 things: ... a 4 inch is exactly what i want as far as lift for years to come. after the lift and by the time i get around to redoing the gearing for bigger tires -which the entire undercarriage and drivetrain is the final thing on my resto list. it will almost be time for newer tires anyway so i've thought it through. now if something happens after the lift and i need to make repairs then i'll jump ahead to that stage and fix it then get bigger tires and make mods to fit them. so just ask yourself if a 2 inch lift will make you happy in the long run for the next few years. or would you rather bite the bullet- hold out and do it right the first time.

rubberdust

Reaction score
32X11.50R15 should fit with out any issues with no lift.

33X10.50R15 will also fit with no lift

33X12.50R15 will need a 2 -2.5 lift

but if you are going to 4 get ready to get some 35's

but the best advice here you've already read decide what you want to have when you're done before jumping into spending a little, then a little more, finally a lot more replacing lots of what you already bought to get what you really wanted

OP
OP
C

carp78

Reaction score
I know what will fit, its been all over these boards a million times, I was just asking if the four inch lift and 32s would look funny and from what I've found out it would. It would look like a bronco skateboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke