trails in jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steechfinger

Reaction score
i want to take my bronco out and i cant get any info on where to go in jersey anyone know a good easy trail i could test my truck out on?

SleeperStyle

Reaction score
seems like a dead topic, but hey i am from outside of philly. is there anyhting near that side of jersey?

swampthing

Reaction score
yes there are some fun spots...If you are interested PM me and i will give you some detail

muladesigns1

Reaction score
i want to take my bronco out and i cant get any info on where to go in jersey anyone know a good easy trail i could test my truck out on?
I used to live in Brick township 10 years ago. I used to head south to Wharton State park. Lots of trails, sand, mud pits! Huge area.I actually moved here to Phoenix for the purpous of ROCK CRAWLING and havent looked back yet!

Good luck with the trails! ( bring a winch ) or GOOD mud terreains

swampthing

Reaction score
if anyone wants to hit some trails oer her ein jersey let me know...whether you want 3 inch deep holes hard bottom sand trails to 5 foot deep holes

Burns

Reaction score
if anyone wants to hit some trails oer her ein jersey let me know...whether you want 3 inch deep holes hard bottom sand trails to 5 foot deep holes
The only places in jersey I know of are off of Jackson road in Atco and off of RT 206. I'd like to get to know where something a little more fun than just 2 inches worth of sand are...

PolarrrBearrr

Reaction score
I was down in Wharton State Park with a street pick-up, and what I was on were a lot of hard packed sand trails. If I had the Bronoco, it would have been a different story. Anyway, that's a good area to test stuff out without it being too stressful if you aren't sure of the work... I'm sure there are more difficult trails through there. I saw a Jeep club or something come in at one point, and they looked ready to take on Everest.

I'd also look for trails through the Pine Barrens as well, for more sand and muddy-sand like pits that only the Pine Barrens can produce. If you're looking for more "rock crawling" type terrain, look up near Stokes State Forest. That's near where the Appalcian Trail is (NOT a truck trail ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) but it'll have enough slate and crap to drive around on, though I'm not sure if you can do it in the Park itself.

Island Beach State Park allows wheelin' on the beach, and they have a spot to check you tire pressure before going on the beach. There is also a NJ Beach Buggy Association if you live near the shore. I'm not a member, so I'm not sure what it allows you to do, but it's something to look into.

Best bet: Wharton State Park

BTW, anyone know of any off-road clubs in Jersey?

Burns

Reaction score
I was down in Wharton State Park with a street pick-up, and what I was on were a lot of hard packed sand trails. If I had the Bronoco, it would have been a different story. Anyway, that's a good area to test stuff out without it being too stressful if you aren't sure of the work... I'm sure there are more difficult trails through there. I saw a Jeep club or something come in at one point, and they looked ready to take on Everest.
I'd also look for trails through the Pine Barrens as well, for more sand and muddy-sand like pits that only the Pine Barrens can produce. If you're looking for more "rock crawling" type terrain, look up near Stokes State Forest. That's near where the Appalcian Trail is (NOT a truck trail ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) but it'll have enough slate and crap to drive around on, though I'm not sure if you can do it in the Park itself.

Island Beach State Park allows wheelin' on the beach, and they have a spot to check you tire pressure before going on the beach. There is also a NJ Beach Buggy Association if you live near the shore. I'm not a member, so I'm not sure what it allows you to do, but it's something to look into.

Best bet: Wharton State Park

BTW, anyone know of any off-road clubs in Jersey?

Yea, about that trail off or RT 206... That's where I got stuck haha. :lol: I was feeling invincible after taking all these decent sized (read: about a foot-ish deep) puddles without a problem, when we came to a... well, a lake. Yea, I framed out after falling into someone else's ruts, and even the quote-unquote "mighty Jeep inline six" couldn't pull me out (his quote, not mine.. Yea, a little 2200 lb Jeep pulling a 6000 lb Bronco. Really now. What ended up happening was me staying with the truck for about 2 hours while my buddy went back to where we work on 561, VHR, and getting a diesel 4x4 front end loader and driving it all the way back into the woods in 4x4 to pull me out with chains. If I didn;t work where I do, I'da been screwed. That's probably the only positive thing I can say about that job haha. :lol:

Live and learn. I'll never make that mistake again. I should listen to my peers when they say "Check before you go swimming." As for anywhere else in Jersey for a stock truck, I have no idea.

swampthing

Reaction score
tell you guys what if you want to make a trip out in a couple weeks shoot me a PM or post it up here i willg et your numbers...wharton state forest is 112 thousand acres large and i know of some good fun spots out there with a lot more then just 3 inches of sandy water..so just let me know

Burns

Reaction score
tell you guys what if you want to make a trip out in a couple weeks shoot me a PM or post it up here i willg et your numbers...wharton state forest is 112 thousand acres large and i know of some good fun spots out there with a lot more then just 3 inches of sandy water..so just let me know

Sure, I'm more than happy to go for it. But advance warning, my truck's stock, nothing special.

swampthing

Reaction score
we had plans on going out tomorrow but they changed..and my bronco goes into my shop this weekend so i can start some work on the motor and such...i can always take my DD jimmy out and show you some trails plus it would be cool to meet a broncozoner haha...i will post it up and let you know...also i wont put you anywhere you will get stuck im not ignorant like that just for a warning if i tell you not to try something just take my word for it cause there is some tricky stuff out there

TotalChaos

Reaction score
So i know this thread is old and im not sure anyone will read it but just in case..... I would deff suggest going to wharton State Forest. I go out there about two to three times a week and find something new every time... but DONT GO ALONE... and make sure the guy that is with you CAN pull you out if you get stuck... there are some pretty nasty holes out there with lots of very deep ruts.... trust me i have been stuck in them before.... but if you want to go send me a PM and let me know.... i would love to go out there and show you around... not top mention i dont have but like one or two friends that like to go wheeling... there is a lot of stuff that ive done but there are also things i cant do because my truck is fairly stock.... but feel free to give things a run and i will pull you out if you get stuck... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
So i know this thread is old and im not sure anyone will read it but just in case..... I would deff suggest going to wharton State Forest. I go out there about two to three times a week and find something new every time... but DONT GO ALONE... and make sure the guy that is with you CAN pull you out if you get stuck... there are some pretty nasty holes out there with lots of very deep ruts.... trust me i have been stuck in them before.... but if you want to go send me a PM and let me know.... i would love to go out there and show you around... not top mention i dont have but like one or two friends that like to go wheeling... there is a lot of stuff that ive done but there are also things i cant do because my truck is fairly stock.... but feel free to give things a run and i will pull you out if you get stuck... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah... I'd love to hook up.

I heard that the trails are very poorly marked, and that the Rangers will nail you good if you go off of the trail.

TotalChaos

Reaction score
yeah, a lot of the trails are clearly visible, but some arent marked at all... i havent been stopped yet but the way i figured it was if my truck cant fit then i probably shouldnt be going down it.... my buddy and i try to go out there as much as we can and i think we are going to try for wednesday and either saturday or sunday of this week if the weather isnt to bad.... ill talk to him and see what he thinks and ill post another blurb with what time we will be out there and if you are available you can join us....

swampthing

Reaction score
hey broncojoe and totalchaos me and my club are going out the 19th if you 2 wanna join up and go along..or if either of you are from south jersey and want to meet up anytime for coffee hang out check out each others trucks im game anytime at night..and totalchaos ive been going to wharton for years me and my brother know a lot of good areas back there you're welcome to go along

TotalChaos

Reaction score
hey broncojoe and totalchaos me and my club are going out the 19th if you 2 wanna join up and go along..or if either of you are from south jersey and want to meet up anytime for coffee hang out check out each others trucks im game anytime at night..and totalchaos ive been going to wharton for years me and my brother know a lot of good areas back there you're welcome to go along
Hey swampthing, I would love to join yous on the 19th. What time are yous meeting and where abouts?

I am from Toms River, But i spend a lot of time in Cherry Hill

I would be down with meeting up some time... my buddy and i go out to Wharton every once and a while at night and we try to go on the weekends too.

i have been doing a little bit of exploring out there trying to get more familiar with the trails.

Would you mind if i brought my buddy out to... he unfortunatly is a chevy guy and has a Blazer K5 i think

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Hey swampthing, I would love to join yous on the 19th. What time are yous meeting and where abouts?
Saturday April 19th sounds great!

How many club members usually come out? Is it a case of the more the merrier? OR do more than a few trucks in a party kinda get in the way?

TotalChaos

Reaction score
hey all i might be going out to Wharton either tonight or tomorrow afternoon... i will post a deffinate if im going in case anyone local wants to meet up....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke