Alternator Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just got home on leave and after it's been sitting up for 3 yrs all I needed to get my Bronco running was a new starter(Free, gotta love Auto Zone), battery($70) and the solonoid on the fender($8). Now it just needs some TLC to be running as good as it did before I left in '03. I have however found more rust then there was when I left. I also found that my wires were disconnected from my alternator and I have no clue who unhooked them and I also have no clue on how they are supposed to be hooked up, so if any one can take a picture of how there wires are connected I would really appreciate it. It's an '84 w/a 351 Windsor and stock alternator and wiring nothing special. Thanks

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone > . Post some pictures of your truck when you get a chance. Here are two diagrams, one for a system with charge indicator light and one for a dash mounted ammeter. The color of the wires is noted next to each, for ex. BK/O = Black with Orange stripe

good luck,

:)>-

PG12.jpg

PG14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone > . Post some pictures of your truck when you get a chance. Here are two diagrams, one for a system with charge indicator light and one for a dash mounted ammeter. The color of the wires is noted next to each, for ex. BK/O = Black with Orange stripe

good luck,

:)>-

Thanks I am gonna try these hopefully my alternator didn't crap out on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom