replacing TPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xsbronco

Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced a throttle position sensor on a 97 expedition or someting close. I bought mine and was ready to put it in when it plopped down into the engine :blink: ........ that kind of stuff doesn't happen to anyone here though :^o .............Anyways after about 6 hours of trying to find it, I am buying a new one. Along the way I noticed how it works, it's spring loaded. My question is how do I make sure it's set properly? I called FORD and parts people are no help and don't give advice. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciatted.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I very recently installed one on my 5.0 '90 bronco.

The proceedure was in my Haynes manual.

It was the same procedure for the '96 bronco so I am assuming that it is the same for the expidition.

And while I bought mine at the Ford dealer, and the holes in the TPS were round, there was enough room for it to turn enough to adjust it.

When you install it, you will see that there is a little tang that engages the TPS. You need to install it in a clockwise direction so that the spring is just slightly under tension, then you can back off the tension. You'll see what I mean.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno