89 Ford Bronco ll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadManKen

Reaction score
Hey all i have just bought an 89 bronco ll 2.9 v6 ,5 spd, 4x4 and can't seem to get it running I have no spark from the coil I have changed the computer, coil, ignition module,relay's, . I am at a loss I am unsure what else I should check has anyone had this problem? . I am open to any help you or anyone can provide

fbrown3

Reaction score
Have you (physicly?) checked the fuses( yes I know sounds stupid but..) thats one of the most over looked. I believe it is called the ECM fuse(engine will turn over but not start.) Just a thought.

OP
OP
M

MadManKen

Reaction score
Have you (physicly?) checked the fuses( yes I know sounds stupid but..) thats one of the most over looked. I believe it is called the ECM fuse(engine will turn over but not start.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

MadManKen

Reaction score
I did try checking the fuses and I still have nothing any other suggestions ? short of changing the hole wiring harness I am at a loss.

Dodger

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have had that happen before on my 86 Ranger and it was the distributor gear. I noticed it when I tried cranking the engine with the cap off and the rotor was not turning. Just something else to check. Good Luck,

Dodger

OP
OP
M

MadManKen

Reaction score
Ya I thought that at one time but my rotor is turning, unless It can still be turning and the gear be gone I don't know I think it has to be wiring and if it's not I have a 302 just waiting to go in.

The pearl

Reaction score
Hey all i have just bought an 89 bronco ll 2.9 v6 ,5 spd, 4x4 and can't seem to get it running I have no spark from the coil I have changed the computer, coil,  ignition module,relay's, . I am at a loss I am unsure what else I should check has anyone had this problem? .  I am open to any help you or anyone can provide
                                thanks  :((

17454[/snapback]

yusuebronko2_86

Reaction score
you should try checking all of your grounds in the ingnition system, as that is the reason my injectors wouldn't fire one time. if that doesn't work, contact your nearest ford dealership or look for a Chilton ford maintainance book :)>-

BII Baby Monster

Reaction score
Ya I thought that at one time but my rotor is turning, unless It can  still be turning and the gear be gone I don't know      I think it has to be wiring and if it's not I have a 302 just waiting to go in.
17647[/snapback]

you have a crank triger in the distributor try replacing that its the only thing you haven't

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke