9 replies to this topic

#1 MadManKen

MadManKen

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:58 AM

Hey all i have just bought an 89 bronco ll 2.9 v6 ,5 spd, 4x4 and can't seem to get it running I have no spark from the coil I have changed the computer, coil, ignition module,relay's, . I am at a loss I am unsure what else I should check has anyone had this problem? . I am open to any help you or anyone can provide

#2 fbrown3

fbrown3

Bronco Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Fishing and spending outdoor time with my boys, playing with the BII

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:39 PM

Have you (physicly?) checked the fuses( yes I know sounds stupid but..) thats one of the most over looked. I believe it is called the ECM fuse(engine will turn over but not start.) Just a thought.
Drive it like you stole it! and when in doubt gas it!!

#3 MadManKen

MadManKen

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

Have you (physicly?) checked the fuses( yes I know sounds stupid but..) thats one of the most over looked. I believe it is called the ECM fuse(engine will turn over but not start.)  Just a thought.

View Post

I will try that thank you

Edited by MadManKen, 08 February 2005 - 02:13 PM.

#4 MadManKen

MadManKen

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:41 AM

I did try checking the fuses and I still have nothing any other suggestions ? short of changing the hole wiring harness I am at a loss.

#5 Dodger

Dodger

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Anything mechanical! The more switches and lights, the better!

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:34 PM

Hey there,

I have had that happen before on my 86 Ranger and it was the distributor gear. I noticed it when I tried cranking the engine with the cap off and the rotor was not turning. Just something else to check. Good Luck,

Dodger
Absatively Posalutely

#6 MadManKen

MadManKen

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:28 AM

Ya I thought that at one time but my rotor is turning, unless It can still be turning and the gear be gone I don't know I think it has to be wiring and if it's not I have a 302 just waiting to go in.

#7 MasterPain

MasterPain

Bronco Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 06:54 PM

nm posted somewhere else.

Edited by MasterPain, 05 March 2005 - 02:34 PM.

#8 The pearl

The pearl

Bronco Newbie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Hey all i have just bought an 89 bronco ll 2.9 v6 ,5 spd, 4x4 and can't seem to get it running I have no spark from the coil I have changed the computer, coil,  ignition module,relay's, . I am at a loss I am unsure what else I should check has anyone had this problem? .  I am open to any help you or anyone can provide

thanks  :((

View Post

#9 yusuebronko2_86

yusuebronko2_86

Bronco Mechanic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:fixin' cars, buildin' models, shoot'n stuff at my friend's ranch, and raisin' all kinds a' hell

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

you should try checking all of your grounds in the ingnition system, as that is the reason my injectors wouldn't fire one time. if that doesn't work, contact your nearest ford dealership or look for a Chilton ford maintainance book :)>-
No matter what happens, or how long it takes,
I'll still be ridin' my horse to the ends of the earth.

#10 BII Baby Monster

BII Baby Monster

Bronco Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

Ya I thought that at one time but my rotor is turning, unless It can  still be turning and the gear be gone I don't know      I think it has to be wiring and if it's not I have a 302 just waiting to go in.

View Post

you have a crank triger in the distributor try replacing that its the only thing you haven't

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users