#1 entity-unknown

entity-unknown

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1987

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

I've been trying to upload a pic of this thing all day but I keep getting errors. It is a unique connector and there's only two in the location so hopefully just describing it will help until I can upload the pic.

The last mount point for the connector is dead center on the cross member in front of the Transfer Case. The wire continues for a couple feet suggesting it's for the Transfer Case but I only see two ports which one is already connected, and the other is for my speedo cable so not sure where this one goes.

The connector itself has 3 very short contact pins, maybe 3mm long and about 2 mm wide arranged in a triangular pattern. They are not a normal spade type, just round contacts.

So any thoughts? If not, I'm still gonna keep tryin to upload my pic either here or in the gallery (neither work) :)

87 convertible Softtop Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer edition

Folding softtop from JBG (This took some special mods to new hardware to install in addition to new drill points but worth it) 

302 pulled and rebuilt from 88 Mustang in late 90's

Fuel Injector upgrade to Ford "280 155 7 10" Bosch Fuel Injectors from Cougar/Explorer/etc. i.e. popular drop in upgrade 

Saginaw power steering pump (302/351 brackets are not universal pay attention to AC pump (4 bolts ontop or 3 on bottom) when finding donor)
RedHead Steeering Gear Box - Way more power than stock and with the Saginaw it steers easier than my 2016 Outback.

Rebuilt AOD installed summer of '08 (shift linkage seals replaced w/ B&M pan added ~10 Qt total capacity)

Currie custom built rear end 8.8 center w/ 9in sides and axles (shipping)
LPW Ultimate 8.8 Diff cover - Not happy. Carriage bolt stabilizer snapped with little effort then leaked after. Had to seal.

Auburn Gear 8.8 Posi with 3.55 Yukon Ring & Pinion (Requires non Synthentic 80-90 with Ford OR Auburn Gear Friction Modifier. Can't find non-Synthetic anywhere except direct from Ford so far for me and had to add about 1oz over 1:1 recommended)

2 junkyard pulled 8.8 rear end rebuilt installed summer of '07 & '08 both All leaked from passenger (tight corners/turn radius & destiny? UPDATE!!! 10 years later, it was destiny with abused axles but no leaks with Currie 8.8 w/ 9" ends! )

Rear disc brake conversion for 9in with ElDorado parking brake ready calipers (F'in useless but no more broken shoes)

JBG knuckle out conversion for redheaded step child flange series first quarter 87 truck builds 

2 GoLights LED RadioRay Permanent mounts on the roof with wireless control!!! (Easy install if wiring into Amp power in rear) 

Reupholstered roof (Hot glue, that 3M Super strong stuff is useless and yes I'm in AZ. Use original head liner frame, add sun shade material for extra insulation from outside)
Reupholstered visors (same job as headliner)

Best custom mod: center console converted to cooler
Second best custom mod: rear fuel pump maintenance hatch door that you can stand on

#2 miesk5

miesk5

Al

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7302 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1996

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

Yo e,
No luck here. I looked at the electric shift Borg Warner 1356 tc, but almost if not all years didn't use a connector similar to what you described. So, if I'm wrong and you have a manual tc, it could be for the electric tc based on this;
1356 Electric Shift Motor Connector, Missing Pins in a 95; "...I just went out and looked at mine. I have, at the Plug...10 wires total.

▪▪▪Then, three of those wires go off to a seperate plug on the Tcase.▪▪▪

The remaining 7 wires all go up in a bundle until they split and 4 go to the position selector, and three to the motor. So it looks to me like in Steves diagram, look in the lower right corner, you will see 10 numbered wires. #'s 1-3 are likely the ones that go to your motor. Check your wire colors. #'s 6-10 are position sensors, and 2 for the speed sensor, which are probably the ones that go into the tcase, so I would say you need those. wiring does not quite add up right, but the main point I think you need to check is that on your motor you got from JBG, at the connector, are there a total of 10 wires? If yes, then 3 of those will need to be spliced into your tcase 3 wires that you have..."
Source: by Shadofax (TheJuice, The Juice, Mark Z)

Need to find pics next. Most folks that have added subject pics here and in other Bronco/F series used Photobucket, so due to Photobuckets recent money grabbing shake down of users, the pics are blanked out.
96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Manual BW 1356, manual hubs. See my partially recovered Bronco site. I need to clean up dead links & add many more. Thanks you Mr, Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

#3 entity-unknown

entity-unknown

It's Only Money, Right?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1987

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

It's def a Borg Warner 1356 and I do have the one electrical connection for the shift level position sensor. 
So yeah I'm in the same boat. I asked about the pic issue in the Test forum but still no dice on uploading. Don't wanna maintain another account just for these pix especially because of the bandwidth issues where they show up blank like you mentioned :\

Once I'm done with the water pump I'll get back under and trace it down too. Still def wanna show what I'm talking about because I've never seen a connector like this except for maybe the ABS excitor ring sensor but this can't reach that far and pretty sure that sensor is still plugged in too but I guess I'll look again for that too.

87 convertible Softtop Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer edition

Folding softtop from JBG (This took some special mods to new hardware to install in addition to new drill points but worth it) 

302 pulled and rebuilt from 88 Mustang in late 90's

Fuel Injector upgrade to Ford "280 155 7 10" Bosch Fuel Injectors from Cougar/Explorer/etc. i.e. popular drop in upgrade 

Saginaw power steering pump (302/351 brackets are not universal pay attention to AC pump (4 bolts ontop or 3 on bottom) when finding donor)
RedHead Steeering Gear Box - Way more power than stock and with the Saginaw it steers easier than my 2016 Outback.

Rebuilt AOD installed summer of '08 (shift linkage seals replaced w/ B&M pan added ~10 Qt total capacity)

Currie custom built rear end 8.8 center w/ 9in sides and axles (shipping)
LPW Ultimate 8.8 Diff cover - Not happy. Carriage bolt stabilizer snapped with little effort then leaked after. Had to seal.

Auburn Gear 8.8 Posi with 3.55 Yukon Ring & Pinion (Requires non Synthentic 80-90 with Ford OR Auburn Gear Friction Modifier. Can't find non-Synthetic anywhere except direct from Ford so far for me and had to add about 1oz over 1:1 recommended)

2 junkyard pulled 8.8 rear end rebuilt installed summer of '07 & '08 both All leaked from passenger (tight corners/turn radius & destiny? UPDATE!!! 10 years later, it was destiny with abused axles but no leaks with Currie 8.8 w/ 9" ends! )

Rear disc brake conversion for 9in with ElDorado parking brake ready calipers (F'in useless but no more broken shoes)

JBG knuckle out conversion for redheaded step child flange series first quarter 87 truck builds 

2 GoLights LED RadioRay Permanent mounts on the roof with wireless control!!! (Easy install if wiring into Amp power in rear) 

Reupholstered roof (Hot glue, that 3M Super strong stuff is useless and yes I'm in AZ. Use original head liner frame, add sun shade material for extra insulation from outside)
Reupholstered visors (same job as headliner)

Best custom mod: center console converted to cooler
Second best custom mod: rear fuel pump maintenance hatch door that you can stand on

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users