seat option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diymirage

Reaction score
hey guys 

for some reason the backward thinking engineers at ford decided i only need to be able to flip the passenger side seat forward  

anyway, i dont feel like going to the passengerside to let the kids in, then go back to the drivers side to get myself in (i know, lazy, but if i wasnt lazy i wouldnt have bought the bronco in the first place) 

so, right now, it has captains chairs with the box in the middle (its an 87 XLT) 

are there any seats out there i can swap into the bronco that will flip forward on the drivers side? 

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo diymirage,

Yes at least 92 throughm96 Broncos have the flip forward feature on the passenger side.

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
does any of them have the flip forward option on the driver side? 

thats what im looking to add to the bronco, so i can have the kids get in the back on the same side as i get in 

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait...the drivers side doesn't do the same thing as the passanger side? this is news to me.

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
Wait...the drivers side doesn't do the same thing as the passanger side? this is news to me.

the drivers side slides on the track, and reclines but it does NOT pivot to give access to the backseat

unless you're telling me it should pivot, in that case ill start looking for a broken lever 

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
My 96 had a lever that pivoted the back forward and moved the seat forward as well. (As I remember).  I didn't like to use it because it meant i had to readjust the driver seat to my liking each time.   I think it was smaller and down by the pivot hinge. I don't know if it was an Eddie Bauer option   ( I could be totally wrong.....I sold The Beast and it could be a false memory)   

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
diymirage, on 30 Oct 2017 - 8:12 PM, said:

does any of them have the flip forward option on the driver side?

thats what im looking to add to the bronco, so i can have the kids get in the back on the same side as i get in
Yo,Yes, in at least the 92-96 Broncos have both driver and passenger seats with the flip forward feature.

Other Bronco years have them too.

EDIT; Our 96 XL has the tilt/flip forward lever as Ron described.

96 Bronco Owners Guide by Hiller Ford:

"Reclining Bucket Seats You can tilt the seat back of your bucket seats backward. 1. On the outboard side of the seat, lift the recliner handle up and hold it in place. 2. Lean against the back of the seat and adjust it to the position you want. 3. Release the handle to lock the seat back in place. 4. To return the seat back upright, lift the handle and lean forward.

ing bucket seat Lifting the seat-back adjustment lever of an unoccupied seat will allow the seat back to fold forward for access to the rear. Pushing the seat back backward with the handle released returns the seat upright."

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
thanks guys 

ill check to see if there  ever was a lever there that may be busted off 

if thats a no, ill look for a seat out of a 92-96 bronco 

would seats from those years F150 fit aswell?

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
thnks Miesk, ill check with a few junkyard around town (i know they dont have any broncos, but the F150 might be there) 

i checked the seats i have now, and definitely no flip forward option

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
i looked closely into that, and there is NO way that my drivers seat flips forward 

does any of you guys know if the bolt pattern on the 87 drivers side captains chair is the same as the passenger side? 

i might be able to ****** up a second driver side seat rails, bolt it in between the drivers side rail and the seat? 

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo D,

Rotation of Driver's & Passenger in an 85 
Source: by Chris B (Blue, bronco boy) 

EXCERPT: "Totally forgot that something had to tilt the 

seat when it was flipped forward ... I was a bit worried that the seats would  not be able to be swapped, but after further investigation, I was wrong. The seats are identical"

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
1991 Eddie Bauer, My drivers seat is factory and slides foward to let a rear passanger out. So if yours doesn't look for broken stuff?

OP
OP
diymirage

diymirage

Reaction score
well,, it slides forward, but i be surprised if it slide more then 5 inches 

it seems to slide enough to adjust the seat for short people to reach the pedals, not for kids to reach the back seat 

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
interesting. Mine slides forward and the seat tilts so far that it touches the steering wheel. Tones of room, All with the pull of the lever.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Any possibility that a previous owner or shop swapped the seat in?

Do both front seats have same color and fabric ir vinly or leather design?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke