Say hello to my little friend...1987 Ford Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987BroncoProject

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Still fixing up this 1987 Ford Bronco. I do have a question though. I bought some GT40P Heads. I am wondering if I can replace my old heads and just put these on the current 302 engine?

Do I need to use new intake manifold? I do understand I need matching headers to bolt onto these GT40P heads  (thanks to miesk5's post) but before I get all into it, and take the old ones off, do I also have to swap out the upper and lower intake manifolds to match? My plan was to rebuild a newer engine but the existing one is strong (although does burn some oil) but it starts up strong every time. Please let me know what you think.

image.jpeg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Yo! Looks clean on this side. Would like to see more photos of it.

You are Correct. GT40 and GT40P heads are different and you will have to use only 40P parts. Intake, heads, and exhaust all have to match. Its worth it if you can get all the parts for cheap. If your buying the parts new sell the heads and just get GT40 parts, they are more compatible with other parts on the market. Unless you really have your hart set on the rating of the 40P parts. 

I'm working on specs for a 425HP 302ci. Trickflow makes some good parts.

OP
OP

1987BroncoProject

Reaction score
HI Skitter.. thank you for replying. 

Ok so GT40P heads need GT40P intake manifold? Too bad you can't use a GT40 intake manifold with those GT40P heads because I see GT40 intake manifold on craigslist...

Ok I will keep looking.

Thanks for the compliment on the photo. ok I will post a few more.

Thank you!

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I understand the ports on the P intake and heads are in different locations and the regular GT heads. thats the only reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke