Gauge pod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icculus

Reaction score

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Icculus,

It's designed for Ranger & Explorers. Call Autometer. Toll Free Customer Service: 866.248.6356

Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM CST

Read more at http://www.autometer.com/contacts?gclid=CjwKEAjwhrzLBRC35--F9sSH0FASJAD5obJ1FCeAeoCdU6vMfBjVk1-uilfUCKaWObqCqmKI7imvyhoCRQrw_wcB#s3ZpgeCqDsiFVdd7.99

Consider: 1992 - 1996 Bronco GAUGE HOLDER A-PILLAR COMPLETE DUAL #F-03597-2C Price: $89.51

f-03597-2c.jpg
Bronco

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/bronco_gauge_holder_a_pillar_complete_dual-126978-80132.html

... or;

https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/1992-1996-ford-bronco-triple-pillar-pod/

Installation Info, three gauge in a 95

Source: by sackman9975 (Scott)

"Well it seems that I finally got to do something for myself today. I've had these Auto Meter Colbalt gauges for almost three months. I won $600 at bowling on the progressive mystery. Well I gave half to the wife, and I went and bought the trans temp, oil pressure, and water temp gauges along with the pillar pod. For everything minus wires, painting and plumbing it costed me $280.

I Started my day by going and getting wire from Harbor Frieght, and some plumbing supplies. Then I went to the junkyard to get some trim screws (I've been missing a few). I had to cut the piece of trim to get everything to fit right. I got a new trim piece (I got lucky) just in case I screwed something up.

So In total, it took me about four hours to get it done.

all-three.jpg

Top gauge, Trans temp

trans-temp.jpg

Middle gauge (mechanical), oil pressure on throttle about 2k rpm's

oil-pressure.jpg

Bottom gauge, water temp

water-temp.jpg

So I know that it takes a bit for the trans to heat up. After a half hour, it only got up to 150F. My oil pressure, cold start is at 55 psi, warmed up at idle is 20 psi, throttle warmed up is hitting 40 psi.

I took my time and it looks good. Sorry, no pics of the plumbing. I kept my factory gauges as well, they all work."

Locations to route new wiring, tubing for gauges, etc

such as; Clutch Blank Location pic (to route new wiring, tubing for gauges, etc.) in my 96

/monthly_10_2012/post-3816-0-26637000-1350822748_thumb.jpg

Located next to master brake cylinder booster; drill through from engine bay, higher the better; then seal use a grommet & RTV or other sealer to fit hole and big enuf for all wiring & a vacuum hose to install a vac gauge; best low-cost test and MPG helper you can spend $ on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke