Vacuum issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BABS

Reaction score
I have searched for the vacuum module on my 94 Bronco and cant find it!!! I have a C6 5L V8. The person that had it before me did NOTHING to maintain her!! I have fixed and replaced many items she shifts really hard, I have replaced the TSS and tranny filter. I really don't want to replace the tranny so I am grasping at straws to fix her.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Babs,

Are you sure it's a C6 in there? The 92 though 96 Broncos were built wit E4OD or Manual Mazdas.

The E4OD doesn't have a vacuum modulator.

E4OD have 20 pan bolts.

C6 has 17 pan bolts.

If the C6 was swapped in, look at rear on passenger side. It will have a vacuum line from the intake manifold vacuum tree.

c6exp.gif

C6 have 17 pan bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

BABS

Reaction score
It has 20 bolts, but everything I have read or looked up says this year has a C6.

OP
OP
B

BABS

Reaction score
Well looks like it is the E4OD. So no modulator, good to know. Well I hope the new filter and fluid and speed sensor will do the trick. Like I said before the previous owner did nothing to care for this truck. I used a putty knife to scrap off the built up oil and grime everywhere since he didn't replace the oil pan gasket and just let all the oil adhere to the undercarriage along with dirt, hay and gravel.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Babs,

Ok, E4OD.

Does it shift hard in both forward and reverse?</span></span

Or just forward? etc.

Check Engine Light (CEL) comes on when the electronic engine control system is not working properly. The check engine warning indicator comes on briefly when the ignition switch lock cylinder is turned to ON, and should turn off when the engine starts. If the check engine warning indicator does not come on when the ignition switch lock cylinder is turned to ON or if it comes on while the vehicle is moving, the system is malfunctioning.

If the CEL does not light up at all when starting it; then suspect that bulb is burnt-out or loose, socket was damaged by PO or shop, etc. or someone removed it.

Is CEL ON when starting or while driving?

Same for:

E4OD Transmission Control Indicator Light (TCIL) , it is a LED and overdrive on/off switch at end of the Transmission shifter stalk; flashing OD light is an indication of a transmission related trouble code in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Is it flashing while driving?

Do a SELF TEST for diagnostic trouble codes (DTC)s by my pal BroncoJoe @ http://broncozone.com/topic/14269-code-reader/?pid=74587&mode=threaded

Some possible suspects for harsh forward only:

vehicle wiring harnesses, powertrain control module, throttle position sensor, vehicle speed sensor, Electronic pressure control, etc.

fyi, see http://broncozone.com/topic/22440-drivetrain-identification/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

BABS

Reaction score
The speed sensor and a new tranny filter did the trick!!! Smooth shifting all the way!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickyb571