91 bronco 5.0 xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaysizzo

Reaction score
Just bought a 91 bronco, thing started (repeatedly) fine drove it home stopped for gas and it wouldn't start? New battery new alternator? Radio worked lights worked but wouldn't turn over and the battery kept getting worse. I jumped it and it started out first try. Guy I bought it from says it sat for a long time. I made it home and turned it of and on with no problems. Let it sit for a hour and it started fine? Went to get gas and when I got home I turned it off and turned back on but same thing won't start? I'm confused is it a bad battery or is this common? Not a mechanic and don't no much about cars. Any help will help.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Welcome Jay,

This could be a few different problems, especially since the truck sat for a long time, Corrosion can get on contacts and cause weird problems.

When you say it won't "turn over" this is referring to the starter not engaging and spinning the motor...correct?

It is common on these vehicles for the grounds to get corroded and cause this intermittently. Check the battery ground at the engine block and frame and fender.

It's good to be sure that the battery has a full charge too and of course clean and tighten the battery cables.

If the engine spins and doesn't fire, that's another issue.

Let us know.

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke