93 Bronco won't start! Starter relay makes loud click and noth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasindude1

Reaction score
I just keep having one issue after another with this truck, the latest is the truck will not start. I was checking the voltage of my door locks and it got dark so I went to move the truck in the garage and it make a loud click noise and then nothing, the truck has driven great all day, battery is 12.6v, I attempted to jump the posts on the relay and again just a loud click, I bought a new relay and the starter is practically brand new. All the post I read say check your grounds, so I did notice the ground from the battery to the fender ground is holding on by 5 strands, it is badly in need of repair, I am going to autozone tomorrow and going to buy a new cable, is that ground on the fender the ground that supply's the starter? Where is the starter ground connection? Also what items does that ground on the fender supply.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Locations in 92-96; "...Haynes manual. They list 10 separate grounds... A-J. A. Starter mounting bolt B. Right front of Engine compartment near the battery C. Lower left front of engine D. Right front of engine compartment on upper radiator support. E. Left front of engine compartment Upper radiator support F. Bottom of cowl panel G. Rear of left fender apron H. Behind bottom of right cowl panel I. Left rear corner of cargo area near rear lamp assembly J. Under center rear of vehicle on rear cross member..."

Source: by Haynes via BroncoJoe19 (Joe) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Location pics in a 92

Source: by Jeremy M (Big '92 jermil01) at

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/2896/76377

Add 4WABS in 93-96; "...Grounds 10-11 Rear of LH fender apron (Driver's Side) Component 4WABS Control Module, 4WABS Data Link Connector, 4WABS Relay #1..."

Frame & Battery pic in a 93; "...With the wheelwell gone, it's easy to inspect the frame ground, just inboard of the spring tower on top of the frame rail. The battery ground cable is stripped ~3/4" and a tab is soldered on so it can be bolted to the frame..."02groundframe.jpg

Location pic, 1/0 under the AC Compressor pic in a 93

img_0624.jpg

Source: by nemean

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke