#1 ShadetreeSeattle

ShadetreeSeattle

Duck Tape L'fixer :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1980

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

Hello, My name's Robert, and i'm from Seattle Wa. I chose the title 'ShadetreeSeattle' since i'm a freelance backyard mechanic and i love my town here. i have been a jack of all trades type of person for most my life. I do not own a bronco, but rather a 1977 Ford F250 with the 4.9 I6, however i plan on picking up one someday. (as long as it has my favorite slug of a ford motor in it, the 4.9) which is why i picked 1980 as my favorite year of bronco, as they introduced the 4.9 this year.

I have a lot of electronics experience and would love to share my knowledge with this forum as i have found broncozone to be useful for many repair projects. Thanks for all of your contributions, past and future. I hope to help others with their mission to keep their vehicles up and running in a timely and cost-effective manner. I come up with solutions that may not be conventional, but may save a buck or two. 

#2 miesk5

miesk5

Al

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7109 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1996

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

Yo Robert,
Welcome and glad to have you in the Zone!
FYI;
1977 Ford F Series Dealer Brochure @ http://www.lov2xlr8..../77fp/77fp.html

Next time, please fill out your Signature with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
Click your name in right black panel in upper right;
In pop up,
Click, My Profile
Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel
In left panel, Click, Edit Signature
Enter info
Click, Save Changes

To post a pic from your PC, TABLET, etc., just below the reply box in lower right corner, click More Reply Options
Screen will change
See Attach files
pick out the pic
Click Attach This File

or click, Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

Our sponsor, Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.
http://broncograveyard.com

Now, I'll take a look at your post again on the gasket.
Cya around here Robert!
Al

Edited by miesk5, 21 February 2017 - 04:17 PM.
Added 77 Brochure

96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Manual BW 1356, manual hubs. See my partially recovered Bronco site. I need to clean up dead links & add many more. Thanks you Mr, Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

#3 Seabronc

Seabronc

Supreme Commander

• Moderators
  • 7459 posts
  • Interests:YES
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1983

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

Welcome, feel free to include you input to any topic that you feel you can add value to.

:)>-

Fred

Parts replacement is not trouble shooting, replacement follows trouble shooting

Broncos are MPVs not SUVs

Engines run on fuel, or steam

Motors run on electricity, hydraulic fluid, vacuum, or air

Communication: I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant.

Some of my pictures at Supermotors http://www.supermotors.net/212

#4 Razorback

Razorback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1987

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Hi Robert, shadetreemechanic. With your electrical experience maybe you can help me. I have 89 full-size Broncos with carburated 351W. The blower did not work when I bought the Broncos. A mechanic said the blower motor was dead and also the fuse panel was "fried". He fixed panel and put in New blower motor. So my a/c and blower have been working fine, in this hot Alabama summer. But last week on a 90 degree day both blower and a/c quit simultaneously within 5 minutes of leaving home. The no. 9 fuse was not blown, but since it was 15 amp instead of 30 amp, I replaced it with a new 30. I ran leads from the battery terminals to the blower and it worked fine. What do you think?
1987 xlt, 5.8 C6 31x10.5OR15LT all terrain tires

#5 Razorback

Razorback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1987

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

I posted a reply. Hope you saw it. Not sure I put it in the right place.
1987 xlt, 5.8 C6 31x10.5OR15LT all terrain tires

#6 miesk5

miesk5

Al

• Moderators
  • 7109 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1996

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:56 AM

Yo Razorback,

ShadetreeSeattle hasn't loggedin here since February. 

Suggest you PM him.

Click on his mame and...

96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Manual BW 1356, manual hubs. See my partially recovered Bronco site. I need to clean up dead links & add many more. Thanks you Mr, Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, shadetree, seattle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users