Freelance Mechanic looking to give back to the broncozone community (i

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello, My name's Robert, and i'm from Seattle Wa. I chose the title 'ShadetreeSeattle' since i'm a freelance backyard mechanic and i love my town here. i have been a jack of all trades type of person for most my life. I do not own a bronco, but rather a 1977 Ford F250 with the 4.9 I6, however i plan on picking up one someday. (as long as it has my favorite slug of a ford motor in it, the 4.9) which is why i picked 1980 as my favorite year of bronco, as they introduced the 4.9 this year.

I have a lot of electronics experience and would love to share my knowledge with this forum as i have found broncozone to be useful for many repair projects. Thanks for all of your contributions, past and future. I hope to help others with their mission to keep their vehicles up and running in a timely and cost-effective manner. I come up with solutions that may not be conventional, but may save a buck or two. 

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Robert,

Welcome and glad to have you in the Zone!

FYI;

1977 Ford F Series Dealer Brochure @ http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/ford/77fp/77fp.html

Next time, please fill out your Signature with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.

Click your name in right black panel in upper right;

In pop up,

Click, My Profile

Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel

In left panel, Click, Edit Signature

Enter info

Click, Save Changes

To post a pic from your PC, TABLET, etc., just below the reply box in lower right corner, click More Reply Options

Screen will change

See Attach files

pick out the pic

Click Attach This File

or click, Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

Our sponsor, Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.

http://broncograveyard.com

Now, I'll take a look at your post again on the gasket.

Cya around here Robert!

Al

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome, feel free to include you input to any topic that you feel you can add value to.

:)>-

Razorback

Reaction score
Hi Robert, shadetreemechanic. With your electrical experience maybe you can help me. I have 89 full-size Broncos with carburated 351W. The blower did not work when I bought the Broncos. A mechanic said the blower motor was dead and also the fuse panel was "fried". He fixed panel and put in New blower motor. So my a/c and blower have been working fine, in this hot Alabama summer. But last week on a 90 degree day both blower and a/c quit simultaneously within 5 minutes of leaving home. The no. 9 fuse was not blown, but since it was 15 amp instead of 30 amp, I replaced it with a new 30. I ran leads from the battery terminals to the blower and it worked fine. What do you think?

Razorback

Reaction score
I posted a reply. Hope you saw it. Not sure I put it in the right place.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Razorback,

ShadetreeSeattle hasn't loggedin here since February. 

Suggest you PM him.

Click on his mame and...

OP
OP
ShadetreeSeattle
Reaction score
@Razorbackdidn't see this till now haha. i don't log in very often unfortunately but hope you got the blower figured out as it's been a while. with stuff that's been rewired it can be a little tougher to resolve the issue, but if you have experience with a multimeter or test light i'd try to get a voltage read at the blower motor first and see if it's missing the voltage or ground side of the circuit. if the wiring is somewhat like how ford wired it still, than the positive side is fed by a fused circuit which get's power from the ignition switch, and the negative side is returning to a chassis ground via the dashboard blower switch and the blower resistor. try to backprobe the connector with the red multimeter lead (black lead to a stable ground like neg battery terminal) and see if you have 12 ish volts on either terminal. if you have 12v on both connections, it means the ground side of the circuit failed. if you have no voltage on either, then i'd look upstream of the voltage side. if the ac compressor doesn't cycle when you turn it on, it might indicate a voltage issue as the ac and blower i believe do not share grounds... these systems do draw a lot of current so they are subject to thermal stresses from usage. i have seen a fair share of burnt connectors on those blower circuits... ac clutches draw an ok amount too. hope this helps you (or someone) out there.

cheers!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Robert,

Good to see you here again!

Razorback hasn't logged in here since Dec, but may have seen your reply.

Be well!

Al

OP
OP
ShadetreeSeattle
Reaction score
thanks man. appreciate your feedback on many of the topics on here. this forum's been a big help to me for a lot of ford stuff. i hope to give some info back and whatnot. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke