EER

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1973

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

Hello all,

I've been a reader for about 4 months. It's been amazing and just want to say thanks to everyone. 

I'm in the Carolina's and use mine for my job. I work in the mining industry. So I want safety, reliability and comfort. I don't mind dents or scratches because for me it's what's under the hood and inside works vs being perty.

Here's my 73 and current "To Do" list of things bought, but not installed

1.      Add disc brake (front only) and vacuum booster 

2.     all emergency brake cables & associated hard ware it's rigged now to pull only
 on the passenger rear. Install all 3 cables, front and 2 rear, and parts to be correct

3.      install new ignition (pertronix II)

4.     Fix voltage issue (lights pulsate after about 10 secs)...thinking regulator

5.     install new suspension (Bought), springs are shot.

6.     door hinges, see if fixes passenger door, when u lock it, it won’t open when u unlock

7.     clutch needs adjusting

8.     speedometer needs adjusting and install steering coupling assembly.

9.     body bushings

10.  steering box needs some adjustment, may fix speedometer reads +10

11.  reset passenger mirror

12.  Replace all seats” Front buckets with normal 3pt belt, rear bench (folding).

13.  build center console, wire for removable radio and speakers

14.  Build lock box, Lock box under passenger seat, fix or fabricate glove box and add the vin tag

15.  Install spare tire holder.

16.  Install transfer case gaskets and seals

^ no particular order, just me trying to remember  

​Again I appreciate and thank all for their informative and many times amusing posts. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 73 Bronco.jpg
  • 73 engine.jpg

1973 Bronco, Dana 44, 302, 3 on the tree, manual hubs, 2.5"lift.

Modifications in process: Front Disc conversion w/powerboster and all Ebrake replacement, points to Pertronix Ignitor II, Replacing suspension, steel fabricated center console, and under passenger seat lock box, replacing all seats and rear, possible lizard skin inside, door hinge replacement, body bushings, adjusting power steering and clutch, adding spare tire swing/holder, replacing transfer case gaskets/seals.

#2 Seabronc

Seabronc

Supreme Commander

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Interests:YES
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1983

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

Welcome to the Zone.  Quite a list.  If you need assistance with any of those things, please open a new topic for each problem to avoid confusion with responses.  Also, please enter your truck's vitals in your signature, that will often help in getting the best response.

Also, if you feel you have something of value to add to an active thread, feel free to jump in and add your comments.

Enjoy,

:)>-

Fred

Parts replacement is not trouble shooting, replacement follows trouble shooting

Broncos are MPVs not SUVs

Engines run on fuel, or steam

Motors run on electricity, hydraulic fluid, vacuum, or air

Communication: I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant.

Some of my pictures at Supermotors http://www.supermotors.net/212

#3 miesk5

miesk5

Al

• Moderators
  • 7174 posts
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1996

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

Yo EER,
Welcome and you chose a perfect vehicle for your occupation!
Next time, please fill out your Signature with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
Click your name in right black panel in upper right;
In pop up,
Click, My Profile
Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel
In left panel, Click, Edit Signature
Enter info
Click, Save Changes

To post a pic from your PC, TABLET, etc., just below the reply box in lower right corner, click More Reply Options
Screen will change
See Attach files
pick out the pic
Click Attach This File

or click, Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

Our sponsor, Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.
http://broncograveyard.com
96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Manual BW 1356, manual hubs. See my partially recovered Bronco site. I need to clean up dead links & add many more. Thanks you Mr, Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

#4 EER

EER

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Hey Al,

Just changed sig...hope that's ok I added my "to do/inprogress" list.

Modifications in process: Front Disc conversion w/powerboster and all Ebrake replacement, points to Pertronix Ignitor II, Replacing suspension, steel fabricated center console, and under passenger seat lock box, replacing all seats and rear, possible lizard skin inside, door hinge replacement, body bushings, adjusting power steering and clutch, adding spare tire swing/holder, replacing transfer case gaskets/seals.

#5 miesk5

miesk5

Al

• Moderators
  • 7174 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:56 AM

Yo EER,
Excellent job on your signature. BTW, the crew here likes to see in-process build plans, they give them ideas!
Even better, many pics brings applause and beer toasts.
96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Manual BW 1356, manual hubs. See my partially recovered Bronco site. I need to clean up dead links & add many more. Thanks you Mr, Schwim! http://schwimserver5.com/?index=1128
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

#6 EER

EER

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:25 AM

I'll take pics today. Suspension is off, new one delivered last night. 

#7 EER

EER

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

Welp, decided to rebuild engine and reseal tranny. She'll be all new o rebuilt minus front and rear end. All body bushings in, new suspension in, disc brakes and E bakes all new.

pics to come

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170303_100605.jpg
  • 20170303_100720.jpg
  • 20170303_100825.jpg
  • 20170303_100627.jpg

Edited by EER, 04 March 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#8 miesk5

miesk5

Al

• Moderators
  • 7174 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

Yo EER,
GOOD PICS!
New booster is often overlooked so that is a +.

I messaged Dana about the Graveyards 2 % discount for members that you didn't get; will message you when I receive a reply.
THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!

#9 EER

EER

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

Thanks Al,

The guy I'm working with is really doing me solid favors as we restore her. The body mounts took a long time to get off...basically 43 yrs old. He's doig a lot of fabrication and modification I can't do myself.

Question. Having issue with tailgate hinge and getting the last Bolt into the body to hold the Spare Tire mount...lower bolt next to tailgate. It's hitting the hinge. We all think it'll hold fine without, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue? My 73 never had the spare tire holder so, wondering if there was a slight difference?

Attached Thumbnails

• 2017-03-06 06.28.23.jpg

#10 EER

EER

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:12 AM

Meant to add some pics of new suspension when everything was exposed but forgot.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170225_094313.jpg
  • 20170225_094931.jpg

#11 EER

EER

Where's My Hammer!?!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Pulled transfer case....ughhh, needed rebuilt. Bearings gone. More $$.

Edited by EER, 20 March 2017 - 12:17 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users