I've been a reader for about 4 months. It's been amazing and just want to say thanks to everyone.
I'm in the Carolina's and use mine for my job. I work in the mining industry. So I want safety, reliability and comfort. I don't mind dents or scratches because for me it's what's under the hood and inside works vs being perty.
Here's my 73 and current "To Do" list of things bought, but not installed
1. Add disc brake (front only) and vacuum booster
2. all emergency brake cables & associated hard ware it's rigged now to pull only
on the passenger rear. Install all 3 cables, front and 2 rear, and parts to be correct
3. install new ignition (pertronix II)
4. Fix voltage issue (lights pulsate after about 10 secs)...thinking regulator
5. install new suspension (Bought), springs are shot.
6. door hinges, see if fixes passenger door, when u lock it, it won’t open when u unlock
7. clutch needs adjusting
8. speedometer needs adjusting and install steering coupling assembly.
9. body bushings
10. steering box needs some adjustment, may fix speedometer reads +10
11. reset passenger mirror
12. Replace all seats” Front buckets with normal 3pt belt, rear bench (folding).
13. build center console, wire for removable radio and speakers
14. Build lock box, Lock box under passenger seat, fix or fabricate glove box and add the vin tag
15. Install spare tire holder.
16. Install transfer case gaskets and seals
^ no particular order, just me trying to remember
Again I appreciate and thank all for their informative and many times amusing posts.