E40d transmission problem HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94fordbronco302

Reaction score
I have a 94 ford bronco with a 302 an e40d transmission. I took the transmission oil pan down to change the valve gasket but when taking it off a piece fell off an I don't know where it came frome I need help. Heres a picture.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo 94fordbronco302,

Welcome!

Thr picture does not appear, unless its your profile pic, but that is nor clear enough for my old eyes to see.

To post a pic from your PC, TABLET, etc., just below the reply box in lower right corner, click More Reply Options

Screen will change

See Attach files

pick out the pic

Click Attach This File

or click, Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

Some guesses for now;

There is an E4OD pan magnet. Hereb s a depiction; sorry, for some reason I can not post this depiction as a picture.

http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/images/dd0623a.gif

Position pan magnet over dimple in transmission pan.

Install transmission pan and bolts using a 10mm socket. Tighten bolts to 14-16 Nm (10-12 lb-ft).

Or could be the filter's Seal.

NOTE: Seal may remain in bore when filter assembly is removed, just like an oil filter.

Remove filter assembly and seal by carefully pulling and rotating filter as necessary. Discard filter assembly and seal.

http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/images/d9215e.gif

http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stj71a33.htm

CAUTION: Use care not to scratch or damage aluminum pump bore.

If seal remains in bore, carefully remove using a screwdriver.

NOTE: Do not reuse old filter assembly or seal.

Install new filter assembly and seal by lubricating seal with transmission fluid and pressing filter into place.

Filter, Internal, Grommet Warning; "...When ever you go to change your trans filter, Always make sure to pull out the little round rubber do hicky thingamabob. Lets call it a gromit or a seal? Theres this part of the trans filter that is inserted into the trans (a round tube that goes up into this hole ); Now the tube has a gasket of sorts that wraps around the tube ( kinda like a wide O-ring )It form a seal between the tube and the hole it goes in. Well what ended up killing my trans was that fact that the last guy that changed the trans filter didnt notice that this o-ring thing (gromit Or what ever) did'nt come out with the filter it stayed in the hole! He left it in there; & installed the new filter witch had its preinstalled gromit already; So what he did, is he (unknowingly) stacked two gromits on top of each other, Witch did not let the filters tube fit as it should. It was starving itself for fluid!! It was sucking air as well as tranny fluid! (in other words not working right) ..."

Source: by BlancoBronco (Cam C , Project BLANCO)

Or lastly, it may have this Filter Clip; "... have seen many threads and received many pm's as of late speaking of the stay-put filter clip used to keep the filters from falling out of the pump in the e4od. there is an alternative to using this clip. it is more expensive but also has more benefits than just using this clip. you can get a trans pan from a 03 super-duty truck. this pan has little humps in the bottom to but up against the bottom of the filter and this keeps the filter from falling down. this pan also has a drain plug and extra capacity for 1.5 more qts of fluid. this pan also allows you to use the much better elastomer gasket. it is reusable and virtually leak-proof. much better than the cork design. it does require the use of a 4x4 filter..."

Source: by thePUNISHER (Paul)

Filter Clip pics in a 96 5.0

Source: by Tony K (Boat Dude, Big Blue)

Pics are attached below;

clip.jpg

clip--box.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members