74 Bronco no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Florida Bronco

Reaction score
I've replaced several things over this past year including

Battery

Solenoid

Starter

Ignition switch

Neutral safety switch

Alternator

Fuses/relays

Before it stopped working and i mean nothing has power the ignition fuse has been popping over the past few months because of a power overload somewhere but I'm not sure where because it started happening out of nowhere and now I have no power

The wiring is older but in still fair shape with a Centech fuse panel Easy fix or not I don't know what to look for I'm going to attempt to check grounds but I'm unsure what to look for Carpenter not Mechanic

Seabronc

Reaction score
I suspect that you have a wire that has rubbed through the insulation where it either passes through a panel or is lying against metal.  Unfortunately, I don't have a circuit diagram for you.  You can trouble shoot the problem by replacing the fuse with a test light and then follow the circuit till you find the problem.  The light will go out when you find the short.

Good luck,

:)>-

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Another thought;

Centech fuse box indicates a "re-wire" was done. Look on the wires., they will have their location printed

on them in very small print.

If so, check the terminal ends.  On one EB I found some that were loose & some would pull apart. (re-crimped)

Ign. (circuit) fuses blowing is suspicious. Is the voltage regulator puting out the proper voltage.?

Below is for '67  There may be some slight differences.., wire coloring may be diff. as well.

#567089.jpg

#567088.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke