check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
was having my cel come on about 1/4 after i started driving  getting code 332....(.insufficent egr valve flow.).......problem solved CHECK that fruit cocktail can mounted on the inside right fender take it off by undoing the 2 nuts on the outside wheel well just above the right front tire. after going crazy for two months trying to fix this problem every weekend I was cleaning hoses checking connections and all other sort of things associated with the egr it turned out to be a few pin holes in that can near the bracket.  so I sanded it good looking for any holes covered by rust painted it then wrapped it tightly with electrical tape............no more light no more codes.......lost many hours of sleep trying to figure this one out but that's why I love being a drive way weekend mechanic as long as they don't become Monday morning headaches..........and as always thank you all for all your help

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Dog,

Great DIY!

Btw, 96 Bronco, F & E series have the plastic tanks. Much better and available is most yards

OP
OP
Devil Dog08

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
thanks for that info.you know also it just solved a mystery. you remember when I first posted about my cel coming on? well if you recall I was driving up I-95 and started hearing  a slapping banging noise in my front right wheel everytime the wheel was going around and the cel came on at the exact time I was hearing that banging when I pulled over there was a bungie cord hook stuck in my tire which gave me a flat so I'm thinking with the other end of the bungie cord and the hook slapping against my wheel well hitting right underneath where the fruit cocktail can is and the nuts to the bracket that keep the can secure must of pushed the bracket into the can further causing those pin holes .........

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

I do recall that!

Reminds me now of when my neighbor asked me to mow his foot high weedY lawn. I almost finished it with John Degree when I ran over his dogs metal leash/ chain. It wrapped around the variator and wrecked it and the belts, pulleys, etc; and cut through the pan, almost cutting my Achilles heel. Limped for a month.

OP
OP
Devil Dog08

Devil Dog08

Reaction score
wow your a lucky guy  you could of lost a foot.......just like the time I seen this guy using a winch to pull his friends truck out of the mud  . he was really stretching the cable  while he was standing in front of it   I was like man take the tension off that cable and put  a towel on the cable line this way if it snaps it wont cut you in half like a chain saw.. he looked at me like I was nuts and I explained what the towel does.im sure you knew this but  just a bit of info that may save someone life .......putting a towel or rag on any cable while being used to pull on something will make the cable not whip if it breaks...be safe..........your family needs you

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Thanks! Yes, we use old Navy wool blankets to tie to the town rope or chain. Good in case of winter break downs too.

Be well!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar