5 Inc super flex from jbg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archi831

Reaction score
I'm going to order a super flex kit from jbg. I'm going with the 5inc.this kit is supposed to be a complete kit. Do I need to buy new shims to change the Pinon angle? If so how many degrees? I have a 78 and I'm running 33/12.50. I don't plan on changing tire size. I'll Send out my drive shafts to be lengthened. Is there any advice regarding this lift kit? Other than the basics, have I missed anything? I want to install this kit my self. I tend to over think things sometimes but I have a lot of time and money into my truck. I just want it done right. I currently have a 2 1/2 Rough Country lift with blocks in the rear. I don't like it at all. It rides like a tank. I was pulling a big hill in 2 Wheel Drive and the passenger side block shot out and the whole axel twisted and reeked havoc. Any advice regarding this kit would be highly appreciated. Also, what should I do about my sway bars. I want to keep them and put them on a quick release. My dad has the same truck but it only has a standard 41/2 standard lift and they eliminated the Sway bars. It dose good on the street. Thank you.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Was able to get back looking for info, here is some;

"Good stuff but it does come with some extra you have to deal with. Like Coil spring bow. Most make angled wedges to care of it.

I have the 4" kit on my 78 and like it. Also you'll end up with more then 6" of lift. My 4" kit is about 5 almost 5 1/2." by CrazyBRONCOguy

"I've been running the 6" Superflex from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard for about 2 months now, and had it all over the local terrain.

I found the kit to be quite complete. There are however, no instructions.

Impressions:

Deaver springs and coils are soft. There is good flex. Much, much improved over stock. LOVE the coil/spring combination.

Both driveshafts needed replaced...

The rest is as it should be, good build quality for the person who does not desire to have a custom built suspension.

Bad:

As expected, a 6,000lb truck without sway bars, on bias ply tires is a little sketchy on the highway. Not undoable and I drive it to the trails 2 hours each way....But, it's sensitive and I have to remain vigilant.

Things I would/am going to change:

I need/want shocks (The supplied shocks are not impressive)

I need/want the extended radius arms

That's it, other than those few things I'm extremely pleased. I would buy this lift again with no hesitation. It stuffs the 38" tires perfectly and has increased the fun factor of this rig exponentially.

I do think wider would help....the rig is very, very tall. The tire I have is the perfect size, tucks up and in perfectly and there is little room for more. With that said, next set will be at least 15" wide.

Wider for stability and traction in the mud.

I think a radials would definietly help. I can feel the bias ply tires squirming a little.....I think.

Really though, it's tall, the wind blows it all over here and the suspension is soft.

I wanted a soft suspension that flexes offroad and knew the highway driveability might be a compromise. I can still cruise 70-75, even with the bias ply tires and make my way anywhere I'd like to go.

Soft suspension works amazing offroad, I love it and cannot wait to get the extended radius arms....shooting for mid summer for the next round of upgrades. Gears, lockers, ext. radius arms.:

by FSB11

http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/jsm11weld/media/f68fa998c2a0d0df0b211706c28101e9_zps0c6e3e46.jpg.html

Google;

superflex lift kits ford bronco

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Post the webpage you're look'n at..!!

What I saw was an old style "add-a-leaf" at JBG web site. 

Many leafs (rear) 11-12 pak are the latest state-of-the-art for great ride & articulation. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke