Electronics Question for anyone with an 1984 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue1984Beast

Reaction score
1984 Bronco

351W **

Holley 4 bbl

3rd owner, missing lots of emissions equipment.

H Vin Code

Did this year model come with an EEC module? If so, where the heck is it located?

If it did not come with the EEC, was the Ignition Control Module it's predecessor? I located that mounted on the wheel well.

I'm asking because while troubleshooting wiring issues, my diagrams showed wires running from Ignition Module to EEC, but my components lack the wires that would correspond with the diagrams.

If I'm not making sense, let me know.

Seabronc

Reaction score
They came with either a Duraspark system or an EEC system.  It sounds like you have the Duraspark system.  Diasgram attached.

:)>-

PG18.jpg

PG19.jpg

PG24.jpg

PG25.jpg

PG26.jpg

Reaction score
i worked on an 1985 f150 feedback carb'd eec iv 4.9 where they stuck it in the dashboard above the gas pedal. eec wiring went straight out the firewall, and nothing connected inside the cab to computer. it all was wired 'on top' of a slightly modified duraspark harness. we pulled that stuff and made it a regular duraspark/carter yf setup with very little effort as it literally just involved us unlooming the eec stuff and plugging in the duraspark harness to the connector by the driver fender in engine compartment. the existing vehichle harness still had the resistor wire in it for duraspark module too! unsure of if they did this with the 351's but this was during the carb to eec transition so it seemed they wanted to make 1 harness instead of two at the time in my opinion. if the carb's got anything more than a choke solenoid wire, it's likely a feedback carb which means it's eec. ( if it has tps sensor, idle stop motor, two wire coolant temperature sensor, those things are dead giveaways) this particular truck the computer was shot and it still ran... (like crap) but as long as the distributor/ignition module had power it ran ok for no timing advance... dieseled like a **** when ya shut it off cause someone messed with the idle stop to get it to idle without the feedback solenoid working. haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke