Bronco stuck in park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Djk96

Reaction score
My 94 is stuck in park. I've read previous forms and posts. I can bypass it if I disconnect battery shift into neutral connect, start then into drive.. Replaced the brake switch still nothing,replaced the park neutral switch as well thinking hopefully that'll work. Nothing. My tail lights only work for turn signals, and when my head lights is on. No brake lights. I've checked all fuses I'm lost

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Djk96,

Welcome!

As kenrh advised,

Check to see if your brake lights are working.

Check all brake light bulbs; regular 1/4 panel mounted and high mounted;

Check brake light bulbs/socket, start atb passenger side wiring; pull assy and ck if wires are chaffing @ 1/4 panel. mine were too tight and almost cut thru insulation; passenger side wiring;

How was wiring @ brake pedal switch?

Check all cab Fuses;

Vehicle Can't be Shifted Out of PARK, Short Circuits, Common Locations TSB 95-02-11 on 94-95 Bronco & Trucks; See P

Source: by Ford via Steve @ http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/470456_1

(from Owner's Guide)"

"Your vehicle is equipped with a brake-shift interlock feature. This feature prevents you from shifting from P (Park) unless you have the brake pedal depressed. (The ignition must be in the ON position.) If you cannot shift from P (Park) with the brake pedal depressed:

1. Apply the parking brake.

2. Remove the key.

3. Insert the key and rotate one position clockwise (ignition in the OFF position).

4. Apply the brake pedal and shift to N (Neutral). (If the vehicle is shifted to P

(Park), you must repeat the previous steps.)

5. Start the vehicle.

If you need to shift out of P (Park) by using the alternate procedure described above, it is possible that a fuse has blown and that your brakelamps may also not be functional. "

E4OD Shift Lever Stuck in Park; "...These (and many other) vehicles are equipped with a Brake/Shifter interlock for safety. This system requires the driver to hold the brake depressed before the shift lever can be moved from the Park position. There is an actuator (solenoid) on the left side of the steering column under the dash that disengages the shifter lock when the brake is depressed. In the event this system malfunctions, the shift lever may be stuck in the Park position. One cause of this complaint may be due to a faulty brake switch circuit. If you experience this complaint always check for blown fuses and brake light switch operation before proceeding with other work.

Source: by ATC-Distribution Group Inc.

Vehicle Does Not Move Diagnosis & Service Tips TSB 94-21-14 for 90-95 Bronco, Vans & F Series; "... may be caused by the check ball, located in the rear cooler line converter drainback check valve assembly, sticking...." @ http://web.archive.org/web/20101224190032/http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/tsb/tsb/files/942114.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke