Right rear brake light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaywallace1970

Reaction score
I have a 1987 Bronco 4x4. My right turn signal and parking light work fine but my right brake light doesnt. I checked the orange and green wire with a power probe II all the way to the firewall and it gets a pulsing with the turn signal on, as it should, but, nothing at all on that wire with the brake pedal pushed. Of course, when I ran a jumper wire from the left brake light wire to the right, I have brake lights, but, then when I turn on my left turn signal, both rear lights blink. When I turn on the right, neither blinks. Any ideas would be appreciated. I know that on a later model, I would be looking into a multifunction switch, but, on this one I'm lost. Please help.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone! The wire you checked was for the left side, the right side is Orange/light blue.  A good suspect is the connector on the cross member located behind the bumper  on the left side.  Some times the wires corrode and break off or the connector contacts corrode.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke