Water leaking on passenger floor board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad1993

Reaction score
My 93 bronco has a wet floorboard every time it rains I can not for the life of me find where this water is coming from... Door jam seems moderately dry under the dashboard was a little wet I'm concerned about starting some rust in my truck or getting the brain wet.. Where should I check? Firewall? I silicones all heater hoses going into the firewall just incase.. Any ideas will be appreciated thanks.

Seabronc

Reaction score
It is most likely a leak in the wind shield seal. The easiest fix would probably be to remove the outside window trim and run a silicon bead around the edge. After years of vibration, the original black seal can separate from bond to the metal. I had it happen to mine and since there was a crack in the wind shield I had the glass replaced. I temporarily sealed it with silicon. You may also have to remove the inside trim. Don't be surprised to find rust on the metal inside top trim.

OP
OP
B

Bad1993

Reaction score
So I remove the chrome type window trim? If so how do I remove it... Crossing my fingers I don't have any rust at all or I'll freak out lol

Seabronc

Reaction score
There is a special tool for removing the trim which should be available at an auto supply or body repair parts shop.  It is designed to prevent you from chipping and cracking the glass.  It takes a bit of patience, the side pieces first and then the upper pieces.  The hardest is getting the lower pieces to release from the clips that hold them on.  The alternative is to have a professional glass service remove it and reseal the window.

:)>-

P.S.

If you try to do it with a ***** driver or something that puts pressure on a small concentrated area of the glass, you will be having a window shop doing it for you any way because you will chip and crack the window.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
You can test my guess that it is a leak in the wind shield seal by putting a piece of plastic sheathing over the roof and window the next time it rains to see if that prevents the water from getting in or give it a good soak down with a hose.  If the floor stays dry, soak it again whit the plastic off.   An other place for a leak is a possible rust hole in the roof, especially along the rain gutter over the door.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
B

Bad1993

Reaction score
Looks like window was replaced had a rubber shim on passenger side corner with no sealant around it I covered it in RTV hopefully that was the problem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar