1989 5.0 bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacobs1

Reaction score
My 89 Bronco will not start and has no spark even after changing the coil,need help please

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Jacobs, Welcome.

Here is an easy test.:

First check that there is power at the + terminal of the coil with the key in the "on" position.

If not , you need to find the break in the ignition coil power wire.

If there is power there, do the following:

Connect a test light between the + and - terminals of the coil. 

Crank the engine. Look for the light to flash.

If there is flashing there is a breakdown in the wire from the coil to the dist. cap.

No flashing means there is no "fire" signal to the coil.  ( The most common cause is the ign. control module, or the pick up coil in the dist.)

Often these "no flash" conditions are the module.

Please fill in your signature with the info on your bronco...engine size, tranny, and any mods.  It's helpful when trying to diagnose problems.

Good Luck

Rohan

Reaction score
check the ignition module connected to the distributor.it has a six wire connection. believe or not Haynes Manuel a good write up and diagrams on test the module. if coil checks out that the next thing i would look at. went on my 89 5.0l relaced it (2 screws and heat paste came with it ) and fire right up.

fordblood

Reaction score
Please fill in your signature with the info on your bronco...engine size, tranny, and any mods.  It's helpful when trying to diagnose problems.

Good Luck
I was wondering where to put all that info!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22