need ideas for the brakes on my93 bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stephaniep@81

Reaction score
I have a 93 full size bronco, with major brake problems that no one can seem to help with. When I put on my breaks they don't catch half way, like a normal car. They are so touchy, if you slam on the breaks, you might go thru the windshield!! Also I have no brake lights unless I have it put all the way to the floor. The master cylinder has already been changed, im running outta ideas, very desperate to find the problem. If you can help or have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hi Stephanie, welcome.

Brakes are nothing to take lightly.  There could be a number of causes depending on the history of maintenance on your system. A bit more info would help.

When did this first occur?

Did you have any other service done on the brakes? Why was the master cylinder changed?

It could be an adjustment of the brake pedal actuator rod, but that s just a guess without knowing more about the situation.

You should think of taking it to a reliable brake service center.

Good Luck

Seabronc

Reaction score
Ditto!  That is the opposite problem most Bronco owners have with brakes.  Most wish theirs were more effective :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .  The btake lights is an adjustment of the switch attached to the back side of the pedal.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Sounds like something failed in the booster. ********* donut look'n thing the M/C bolted to.

As the guys stated above.., more info. if possible.

---------- Who is "no one can seem to help with" ..?  A neighbor..? A friend..? A mechanic..?

Vehicle probably not safe to drive this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar