What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgrden

Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me as to what this electrical mess is about? Is it a security system? P8150150.JPG

P8150150.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

rogmit

Reaction score
That's what it looks like but it has been unplugged because the alarm system doesn't work or they might of lost the alarm button because I have something similiar under my dash because i lost the last remote that I had. I just have to get another one programmed so I can use it again

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo J,

As ROGMIT advised; also, any little red or blue LED or bulb on or under dash? If so, it's a good clue to it being an aftermarket alarm.

OP
OP
J

Jgrden

Reaction score
Yes, little red light hanging down. under dash. So it is an alarm system without the remote. I would like to just get rid of the bunch of unsightly  wires.  If I start cutting it will certainly open a Pandora's box of ill fate. So my wallet tells me to just tidy things up with zip ties so that the wires aren't soo obvious. 

OP
OP
J

Jgrden

Reaction score
I think so. Tomorrow we will look and record the information. We might be onto something. I tried to use my cell phone app that reads sku numbers but it could not release any information. 

Side note. After bypassing the mercury switch in the under-the-hood courtesy light and left it hot, but without a bulb to complete the circuit but the battery ran dead. The prior owner had put a new battery and alternator in the rig and it was evidently a Wal Mart battery and relatively new. My point being is that Wal Mart recharged the battery for FREE!!  We then cut the wire to the light until a proper switch an be installed. Nev er did say I was the smartest tool in the shed.

Air conditioning next week. After tht, body work and then paint. She is FUGLY now.  

OP
OP
J

Jgrden

Reaction score
I think so. Tomorrow we will look and record the information. We might be onto something. I tried to use my cell phone app that reads sku numbers but it could not release any information. 

Side note. After bypassing the mercury switch in the under-the-hood courtesy light and left it hot, but without a bulb to complete the circuit but the battery ran dead. The prior owner had put a new battery and alternator in the rig and it was evidently a Wal Mart battery and relatively new. My point being is that Wal Mart recharged the battery for FREE!!  We then cut the wire to the light until a proper switch an be installed. Nev er did say I was the smartest tool in the shed.

Air conditioning next week. After tht, body work and then paint. She is FUGLY now.  

P8020111.JPG

P8020115.JPG

OP
OP
J

Jgrden

Reaction score
Here is the information:

36C-2268

FCc 

PIN: 136-2268

MODEL: APS- 25CH

REV:00

NEC 0402000001865

There was o manufactures name on the unit.  Does this reveal anything?  

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo ELMO,

WTG!

I gOOgled;

Audiovox Car APS02BT2 Transmitter for APS15CH/APS25CH

one result is;

http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-APS02BT2-Transmitter-APS15CH-APS25CH/dp/B0007KMZII

$23.99 & FREE Shipping

2 Button remote security system with shock sensor and starter disable

• Hopping (Rolling) Code to prevent replay attacks

• Model compatible with these systems: APS155CH and APS25CH

• Green Frequency

• Dimensions (HxWxD) 3 x 3.5 x 1.5

OP
OP
J

Jgrden

Reaction score
Sheesh !   You guys are amazing. I have recorded the information. Might be able to bring the car back on line once the the electric locks are working and the door panels back on. 

THANK YOU. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke