73 roll bar/cage and bikini top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbahorns11

Reaction score
I want to have a roll/cage bar installed with a bikini top. I may try to do it myself, but in all likelihood, I'll take it to someone to have it done. I want to make sure that I can put my top back over the bar.

Can someone tell me what type of roll bar/cage and or bikini top I need to use and any pictures would be very helpful should I try to do it myself?

Second question...any suggestions who in the Houston area could install these for me?

Thank you in advance,

jba 

BR2.jpg

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi JBA..., welcome..!

There's roll bars & then there's "Roll Bars"

Folks who get out there in the rough, & have situations where they could "roll over" ..?

They have "Roll Bars" ----- Meaning they're attached thru the floorboards & attach to the veh. FRAME.

Your truck is soooo.., cherry.., I doubt you'll ever get in a roll-over situation.  (I don't either)

Your needs would be the roll bars that attach to the floorboard. Yes, they would provide protection

in a roll-over but there would be floorboard damage.

These are EASY to mount with drilling & bolting.

A roll bar sits behind the seats.

A roll cage has bars forward & follows the shape of the windshield.., & has support bars runn'n down

on either side of the dash to the floor.

Then there's family set-ups that go all the way to the tailgate.

They ALL allow the hard or soft tops to be installed.

The Bikini fits them all & simple to install.

You should go to  www.wildhorses4x4.com    &   www.tomsbroncoparts.com

They have pics of ea. setup.

The floor mounts are easy to install.., the frame mount req. a bit more work, including welding

in some cases.

LET US KNOW what you do & the results..!!! >:D< <'>

OP
OP
J

jbahorns11

Reaction score
Bully Bob,

Thanks for the great information.

One more question...See the attached pic showing my wiper motor assembly well above the profile of other Bronco's. What do I do about that?

Thanks,

jba

bronco73.jpg

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
The rag top &/or bikini top come with a wiper motor "lowering bracket".

It too is easy to install.

They come with a sheet metal riser that bolts to the top of the W/S that allows clearance.

MarkBright'67

Reaction score
Hi JBA ,..welcome ! . That's just an "option" i found..about ur issue :   cdn.wildhorses4x4.com/downloads/windshield.pdf   .  Your Bronco is really nice... :)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbeardbiii

Reaction score
I just installed a roll "Bar" & went to Summitt's website after reading about the different bikini top brands and went with a Bestop with the metal riser addition in order to keep my wiper motor where it is from the factory. It came with directions & cut outs for how & where to cut your wiper motor cover a little more than an inch on both top *** edges & it work awesome. So, now I have a roll "Bar" with a bikini top that my hard top will fit over all while being able to keep my wiper motor at factory height & still being able to attach the cover so, I can have my sun visors!  If memory serves a factory roll bar's 41.5" tall (but someone with one can be more precise) which still allows not only for the hard top but also a inside top parchment cover too! I'll try to get a few pics & post them soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo