Air Conditioning vs. Age

No replies to this topic

#1 Jgrden

Jgrden

Bronco Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Leather works, good cold beer, grand kids, working on my Bronco. Wife is a fine art oil painter. Two dogs are Belgian Griffons. Retired banker, real estate loan broker and workers comp auditor. Like to work on home, up keep.
  • Favorite Bronco Year?:1985

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

In 1960 I was a gas jock at Texaco in Coryy, PA.Worked there while attending high school in Clymer, New York.  Every since hen I have considered myself sufficiently talented to do minor repairs. Last month I bought a 1985 Bronco as a running project. The air conditioning did not work so I bought a forty dollar can of air conditioning juice from O'Reilly's. I read all the info. on how to hook up to the lower pressure port. I started the can by inserting the dial and the hose. Next to hook up to the port. Could not fine it. There was one where I thought it should be but the hose did not hook up to it. Out of frustration I called A/C Pro and a young lady asked if my rig had been retrofitted. then it hit me, the old 12 freon was out lawed and the new 134 had to be in all new units. Mine had now been retro fitted. Thought I was pretty smart, but ..........

If you see someone building an ark, best you stop and help. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users