Fuel Gauge problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYbronco3

Reaction score
It's probably just worn out, but my fuel gauge just bounces all over the place, doesn't seem to matter if I'm moving or not. It just bounces from between 1/8 to full, and everywhere in between. Probably the sender. Anyone have any input or advise????

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey KY,

disconnect the wire to the gauge from the sender. If the gauge still bounces it's the gauge.  If not it's the sender.

Opening that circuit should send the needle to past full. Grounding should send the gauge opposite, ( Or this is vice-versa, my old brain can't remember)

the idea is to check the circuit and the gauges reaction before condemning the sender.

Good idea to check before dropping a tank.

Good Luck

OP
OP
K

KYbronco3

Reaction score
Good point, I'll try and do that this weekend and see where it gets me.

OP
OP
K

KYbronco3

Reaction score
Yea, I've looked into this. Where does one get the material to make the new cover plate?

Elmo

Reaction score
from the junk yard or I think Bronco Graveyard sells it. I used a piece of flat sheet metal and some silicone

Seabronc

Reaction score
You can buy the material from an auto body parts supplier, LMC Truck, etc. I just went to a junk yard with a sawzall and cut a section out of a F150 bed or have them cut it for you.  Take more than you need so you can trim it to fit.

:)>-

OP
OP
K

KYbronco3

Reaction score
Ok, thanks seabronc and Elmo....hoping I can get a chance to work on it over the weekend

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo