New here but not to broncos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68Mercury250Ranger

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the broncozone, but have owned broncos for 20yrs plus.  lost my favorite in a fire almost 2 yrs ago but am working on another. 

my 72 roadster after, couldn't bear to take it for scrap until a year and a half later

have pics of before somewhere but this was its final journey. 

have moved onto a 93 fullsize EB going through a 2wd and diesel power conversion. too  cold in the garage to work on it over the winter!

also own a 1991 C350 4door bronco will be restoring in the future but might put it on the road for now until I find a mint bronco rear tub.  

I was going to build an offroad bronco, but don't have the hearth to thrash another when they are becoming pretty rare here in the great white north, so I'm going to beat a sporttrac instead.  

my favorite Bronco is a 78/79 Jade green/white 2tone XLT,  had 3 of those over the years . lost 1 from Texas in the fire, along with an 88 from Saskatchewan, and a 94 from California. 

I LIKE BRONCOS   ............ 

Edit: found a couple pics of the bronco in its former glory :(

IMG_20140801_203621.jpg

bronco just out of storage.jpg

bronco and merc in storage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone :D/   I understand how you feel, Nice C350 though and really like what I call, "Kelly Green" on a Bronco, looks sharp. My favorite colors are Metallic Blue and Kelly Green.

Good Luck,

:)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo 68,

Welcome!

Thanks for the pics! Always good to see a Centurion and the mix of Bronco models..

OP
OP

68Mercury250Ranger

Reaction score
thanks I'll try and post some more pics as I find them. new computer is only 6 months old or so, not many old pics on it. 

1st one is a 92 XLT with a 5.0 5spd manual>  it called to me and I had to answer........ and it was only $400! 

2nd is a 93 Eddie Bauer I started a 7.3 powerstroke 5spd swap into but ran out of shop. 

3rd is my 93 EB I purchased to replace my 72,  kids actually chose it because it was red and had a black soft top.

it is in the process of  diesel Automatic swap, 2wd F250 driveline.  already have the F250 drop I beams and ready to bolt up but my garage is not insulated and impossible to work in this winter.

it may be a 6.0 w 5spd automatic if things go REALLY well.   it will be a toy and occasional trailer puller. 

I'm kind of stuck with no place to work but the funds saved to start on the shop in the spring.  man is it frustrating with the frickin cold winter we are having.  I can't even move my trailer around with my diesel van, too much snow!

I think I have a picture somewhere of 3 burnt broncos all in the same picture,  was my 72 , my 88 from Sask, and my 94 form California.  lots of tears.......

did I mention I like broncos?  :)

DSCN0439.JPG

DSCN0441.JPG

DSCN0430.JPG

OP
OP

68Mercury250Ranger

Reaction score
found it on my Canadian ford truck website I frequent. 

centre of pic is the 72 roadster,  left side of pic is upside down 88 XLT from Sask  Canada(dry and little rust), R in background is my 93 Xlt from California. (was planning the diesel swap on it!)

yep they are all gone,  feel free to shed a tear for them. the excavator that dragged the barn to knock the fire down didn't even fell them. 

on a happier note, I may go look at a 95 F150 4x4 Sunday with a 4.9 5spd and 4wd, rusty bucket but a nice powerplant for my green EB beside the house.   I've been watching for a mass air inline 6 5spd for a 4x4 and I think they are 95/96 only with mass air.  we will see on sunday. 

cheers James

3dead broncos.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo James,

TY!

Here is info that may assist;

"In 1995 Ford upgraded the E4OD transmission for smoother shifts and greater reliability. The California version of the 351 cid motor (5.8-liter) now came with sequential electronic fuel injection (SEFI) that used mass-airflow metering. This change was necessary to meet California's stricter emissions requirements."

Source is Historical Facts On Full-Size Bronco 1978-96

by Trent R

http://web.archive.org/web/20090113160326/http://www.angelfire.com/wv/fordbroncos/History.html

Now, here is a 95 F150 4.9 Wiring Diagram showing the MAF Sensor;

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=2020

OP
OP

68Mercury250Ranger

Reaction score
I missed out on it, first person to look bought it.  was pretty far for a rush trip, just over 2 hours away. by the sellers description it was not mass air, had the dual intake hoses from the air filter box.  I know the 4.9 EFI was built with mass air as I had a complete engine in the barn when it burnt but it was definitely a 1996 model year> pulled it myself along with all the wiring and computer.     I was hoping they were built more than 1 year but?????? 

I'm still looking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo