Wild Horses Bronco Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genthree

Reaction score
This was one of their specials the other day and I bought it...

Question is, is it waterproof?

Ad says it's water resistant.....  I doesn't feel like it is water prooof, and being in Oregon, we know that to be waterproof, something must be made out of rubber....

I was hoping to put this on my bronco and park is out of the garage for the winter, but I am having second thoughts....  My bronco has no top at all...  No soft top, no bikini, no nothing....

Thoughts?  Anyone own this thing?  

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
-- On a hard or soft top it would work. --

With no top, pointie window/door edges would be tough on it, especially in the wind.., along with saging

in the center, making a "pool" of water & eventually seeping into your interior.

These new materials, similar to waxing, won't let water thru the weave, except in a pooling situation.

I don't think you'll be happy with it.

However,  there's 40 favorable reports on their website below the pics.

OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
I still haven't finished the doors on the bronco yet, so the "pointies" don't scare me too much.  I was thinking about using some PVC to make an endoskeleton for the bronco to support the cover to eliminate the pooling issue.  I may give it a try for a couple days and see what happens....

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Another help may be to put some of those corregated plastic sheets (from hardware stores) on top of the PVC.

Thus preventing any sag.

Post pics of your final set-up. :D/

---- I think the PVC frame work is a great idea others W/O a hard/softop may be able to use.

Parking in the elements with no top is ******* any vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
I found some old tent poles (fiberglass ones) and put one end in each of the back sockets in the rear quarters and it holds up the back of the cover.  Works VERY well....  I will post pictures when it is not dark....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke