help! ******** timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brat1313

Reaction score

Icm problem

I have an 87 bronco with a 302. It sat for about 7 years, when we moved I put a new battery in it and drove it on the trailer, put it the garage and decided to fit her. In feb. I pulled the engine. Cleaned it up replaced everything that needed to be (with ford recommended parts) removed all emission, (plugged and plated everything) dropped it back in hooked it all up and drove her about 10 miles. Tranny was acting up so I replaced it. Again drove her about 10 miles. .misfire checked timing. Discovered it was retarding upon acceleration and frying the icm. Replaced the Icm reset the timing (spout out) gave her some gas and she ******** and fried another icm. Checked the map senor, knock senor, throttle position sensor, grounds, computer, alternator, spout, pip, wires, and then I Tried another distributor and icm. Same problem. I'm at a complete loss. Has anyone ever had the issue or have any suggestions. . Is there something I'm missing? I've come way to far to give up now but I'm outta ideas. Thank!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Getting a little late for me, but off the top of my head, have you tried to run without the SPOUT connector in?  If the SPOUT connector is out, the computer is out of the timing picture.  When the SPOUT connector is out, the timing defaults to what you set it at.  that is not a great way to run forever, but will eliminate the computer as a problem.  You can watch the timing with it setting in the driveway and just bumping up the RPM.

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke