loose camber bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrliftalot

Reaction score
I thought it was my upper ball joint, when I finally got time to take a look I realized my camber bushing is actually wobbling around in it's socket? It allows enough wheel play to be worry some. The castle nut is tightened properly. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Thank you for your time.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Mr,

WELCOME,

Wear is most common fault or bent arm.

Following by ShadowFax; "...You can get somewhat of an accurate measurement youself if you have an angle finder, and a couple feet of straight edge. With the steering wheel straight, put the straight edge verticle against your tire and then put the angle finder up against it. Do the same thing to the other front tire to see what the difference is. make sure when you do this you don't measure at the center of the tire, since the bottom of the center of the tire will bulge some from the weight of the vehicle and won't give you an accurate reading.

You have too much + camber if the outside of your tires are wearing. This means that with the angle finder, you'd see that the top of your tire is tilting out slightly..."

Here is the type that corrects the camber through the spindle

26125 - Dana 44/60 - 5 Bolt Camber Shim

NOTE: Axle knuckle to spindle studs must have the large, assymetrical 5 bolt, 5.25" diameter bolt circle. The bolt spacing should vary from 2-15/16" to 3-1/2" bolt to bolt. Confirm before ordering.

Adjustment range of ±1/8° to ±1-1/2°

1 Shim per package

Order 1 per wheel

Part # 26125

$45.22

INSTRUCTIONS; http://www.ingallseng.com/Instructions/26125.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members